Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1958 Studebaker Commander on CL

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 1958 Studebaker Commander on CL



    http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/cto/5371796013.html
    sigpic
    Dave Lester

  • #2
    Good price for someone needing parts or is in love with that body style. But even if you can do all the work yourself don't plan to build it and flip it. Looks like a decent base.

    Comment


    • #3
      Needs new tinfoil on the seats.


      Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

      Comment


      • #4
        I see potential here..... solid body...'unmolested' except for the effects of time....and he'd probably take $500-600 for this rather rare hardtop!

        Comment


        • #5
          Unmolested??? Looks like the front passenger-side fender took a good hit. I'd want to see more of that side of the car.

          Plus, the ad says it has a clear title, but only mentions having a copy of the "registration". That would be a big red flag, if I was looking at a purchase.
          ~Matt Connor
          '59 Lark 2-door

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Peanut View Post
            Unmolested??? Looks like the front passenger-side fender took a good hit. I'd want to see more of that side of the car.

            Plus, the ad says it has a clear title, but only mentions having a copy of the "registration". That would be a big red flag, if I was looking at a purchase.
            When I say 'unmolested' I mean few, if any, 'Kiddie Mods'....Accident damage is another story entirely Mr. Peanut!

            Comment


            • #7
              Hi

              Right passenger fender has a deformation from a low speed hit but nothing a replacement fender wouldn't cure. Maybe someone should take this rundown hardtop and restore it with a '56 President appearance, something of a faux-prototype. Many states only had registration transfers before titles became common in the 1970's.

              Steve

              Comment


              • #8
                I still think one of these would look fabulous with a 56 front group on it. I think its the way God intended it to be, but someone got lost in the fog of the 58 dual headlight fanaticism.
                sals54

                Comment


                • #9
                  I'm 'on board' with the idea of a '56 (or even '57) nose for this baby!!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    The Haggerty average Retail is $6600.00, how could you go wrong?
                    StudeRich
                    Second Generation Stude Driver,
                    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
                      When I say 'unmolested' I mean few, if any, 'Kiddie Mods'....Accident damage is another story entirely Mr. Peanut!
                      Point taken!
                      ~Matt Connor
                      '59 Lark 2-door

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Hi

                        Peeling those tacked-on fins wouldn't be hard either, the original '56 quarter panel stamping hides under it. All those bits and pieces that accommodate the '58 taillights and reverse lights/fin caps just bolt on. The only thing I would retain would be the '57-'58 rear bumper....love that shapely form-fitting design.

                        Steve

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by 56H-Y6 View Post
                          Hi

                          Peeling those tacked-on fins wouldn't be hard either, the original '56 quarter panel stamping hides under it. All those bits and pieces that accommodate the '58 taillights and reverse lights/fin caps just bolt on. The only thing I would retain would be the '57-'58 rear bumper....love that shapely form-fitting design.

                          Steve
                          Thats one of the weird things about the car... I actually like the tacky fins. They're just quirky enough to make me want to keep them on the car. I would only change the front end.
                          sals54

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Definitley the most original self done upholstery repair I have ever seen. If AlCan only knew how good their product was.
                            Bill

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I think the roof line needs the fins to accent the roof shape Agree adding 56 Studebaker front clip or maybe 57 Clipper. Maybe the seats are Studebaker use of silver threads woven into cloth gone wrong. The silver and gold threads into cloth seats were stating around this time .

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X