62 GT project with possible "celebrity" connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 62 GT project with possible "celebrity" connection

Not mine but might be of interest to someone.

http://huntington.craigslist.org/cto/5366189108.html

Now we know where it is! http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...Avanti)-owners

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
      In this thread to which Craig refers, there is a post that says Ed Sullivan had a 64 Wagonaire. Gary L seems to contradict that referring to his sponsorship by Lincoln Mercury.

I can positively confirm that we did consign a 1964 Wagonaire to Ed Sullivan. It was a Studebaker Canada arrangement since we sponsored the Ed Sullivan Show in Canada on CBC. The Wagonaire was actually used by Ed Sullivan's wife. I was invited to New York for the official recognition of the sponsorship deal.

Stu Chapman

Comment

Originally posted by Stu Chapman View Post
        In this thread to which Craig refers, there is a post that says Ed Sullivan had a 64 Wagonaire. Gary L seems to contradict that referring to his sponsorship by Lincoln Mercury.

I can positively confirm that we did consign a 1964 Wagonaire to Ed Sullivan. It was a Studebaker Canada arrangement since we sponsored the Ed Sullivan Show in Canada on CBC. The Wagonaire was actually used by Ed Sullivan's wife. I was invited to New York for the official recognition of the sponsorship deal.

Stu Chapman
        Thanks for this information, Stu. Now the Studebaker connection makes sense to me. I probably should have known about the Wagonaire since Ed Sullivan lived here in Dutchess County, NY.
        I remember that Ed Sullivan had a serious accident in a Lincoln while commuting from NYC to here.

EDIT: I went back to the old post and added our information (above).
        Last edited by studegary; 12-25-2015, 12:35 PM.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
        X