1948? C Cab on ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1948? C Cab on ebay

There is a 2R5 truck for sale on eBay (Item # 141850482672) that the seller says is listed as a 1948 on the Georgia title. Ever heard of this before?

Georgia did not have titles laws until 1963. I haven't been able to get a titles registered in Georgia that was issued before 1963. Someone might have called it a 2R5 on a bill of sale. The biggest reason for saying that 2R5 trucks are 1948 models is because most street rod rules call for 1948 as the shut-off date.

Comment

Yes, I have.
      There are two common ways this happens (both are not correct to the vehicle).
      1) The truck was a 1949 model year vehicle originally sold in the 1948 calendar year.
      2) An owner along the way titled the truck as a 1948, rather than the correct 1949, in order to meet street rod regulations (club, state and/or insurance).
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I have seen lots of 49 Studebaker trucks advertised as 1948 models.This causes confusion among the non Studebaker folk, but it is usually pointless to tell someone at a rod trot that their car or truck is a different year. They don't want to deal with the title error and such.
        sigpic

"In the heart of Arkansas."
        Searcy, Arkansas
        1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
        1952 2R pickup

Comment

Working...
        X