One man's junk...another's treasure?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One man's junk...another's treasure?

54 Stude front brakes, drums, hubs, backing plates, bearings etc. up for grabs. They were in working order when I removed them to install Turner disc brakes. I have no idea why I kept them, but they need to be gone. In Calgary Alberta area for free pick-up. Thought I would offer them to club members first before putting on local kijiji. Thanks, Junior
    sigpic
    1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Commander or Champion?
    RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

17A-S2 - 50 Commander convertible
    10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
    10G-Q4 - 51 Champion business coupe
    4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
    5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon
    56B-D4 - 56 Commander station wagon
    60V-L6 - 60 Lark convertible

Comment

Originally posted by RadioRoy View Post
      Commander or Champion?
      good question...probably champion...although engine was swapped for a stude v-8 in 1959. how can I tell which brakes they are?
      sigpic
      1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

What does the body tag on the firewall say? Or the Serial No.?
        "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

The car is a Champion, but I meant how can I tell if they are Commander or Champion brakes...they might have been changed when the Stude v-8 was swapped in. Thanks, Junior
          sigpic
          1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Champion front drums would be 10", Commander 11". That is the I.D. of the drum, in each case. I can take them off your hands, because I save stuff like that, but I can't be in Calgary until just before Christmas.
            Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Junior, '54 Commander brakes are 11" dia., Champion are 10". Wow, Gord types faster than me!
              Dwight 54 Commander hardtop

Comment

ok, thanks...just measured them and they are 10", so I quess they are Champion brakes. Gord, let me know when you are in town and we'll set up a time for you to drop by. I will pm you my phone #. cheers, Junior
                sigpic
                1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Working...
                X