X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Body need a Hawk 259 Motor?

Saw this on the HAMB UR On Your Own Not My Ad Tks Bill @ Solo Speed Shop

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/t...engine.984910/

$1200.00 sounds very optimistic for an unknown engine that has low oil pressure. Not many people will want a core 259 for that money.
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Comment

I agree, $1200 is way too high. I bought a good running full flow 289 with good oil pressure for 1/4 of the price of this 259.

Comment

Agree, a '56 259" and tranny is a $200-300 bill, not $1200. Figuring running is better than a typical junkyard core, maybe $350, tops.

jack vines
        PackardV8

Comment

Originally posted by evilhawk View Post
          I agree, $1200 is way too high. I bought a good running full flow 289 with good oil pressure for 1/4 of the price of this 259.
          You found a good deal, but as already figured out this 56 259 with low oil pressure and in need of rebuild would be at best a $400.00 and I say at best. I would love to get $400.00 got rebuild able non full flow 259, most are stripped out and block and crank scrapped. I have a rebuilt and balanced non full flow 259 in the shop right now for sale.
          Candbstudebakers
          Castro Valley,
          California

Comment

Originally posted by candbstudebakers View Post
            You found a good deal, but as already figured out this 56 259 with low oil pressure and in need of rebuild would be at best a $400.00 and I say at best. I would love to get $400.00 got rebuild able non full flow 259, most are stripped out and block and crank scrapped. I have a rebuilt and balanced non full flow 259 in the shop right now for sale.
            How much are you asking for your 259 ? I am in need of one for my 58 Commander.

Comment

Too much. I bought a good running 259 full flow motor for $500 less than 5 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by 5859 View Post
                How much are you asking for your 259 ? I am in need of one for my 58 Commander.
                $2000.00 and you can not build one for that price......
                Candbstudebakers
                Castro Valley,
                California

Comment

Working...
                X