Cute Lark Convert.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cute Lark Convert.

Listed this one 2 years or so back, and it's going up again tomorrow. Don't let the wife see the pics.

http://stude.com/Lark

JDP/Maryland
    63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
    spent to date $54664,75
    64 R2 GT (Sid)
    spent to date $62,439.30
    63 Lark 2 door
    52 Starliner
    51 Commander
    39 Coupe express
    39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

What a great car. Our Lark is Colonial Red, or at least pretty close to it. If I was ordering one I think I would chose your color. I think it is Johquil Yellow. I see it has inlulation under the hood. At a recent meet in Selma I lost points because I didn't have any. A fellow club member is sure that hood insulation was not on all Larks. What is correct? I believe all GT Hawks had hood insulation. If it makes any difference our Lark is a six.

Perry
    '23 Special Six,
    '50 Business Champ,
    '50 Starlight Champ,
    '60 Lark droptop,
    '63 GT R1
    Perry
    \'50 Business Champ,
    \'50 Starlight Champ,
    \'60 Lark Convertible,
    \'63 GT R1,
    \'67 Triumph TR4A

Comment

What a great car. Our Lark is Colonial Red, or at least pretty close to it. If I was ordering one I think I would chose your color. I think it is Johquil Yellow. I see it has inlulation under the hood. At a recent meet in Selma I lost points because I didn't have any. A fellow club member is sure that hood insulation was not on all Larks. What is correct? I believe all GT Hawks had hood insulation. If it makes any difference our Lark is a six.

Perry
      '23 Special Six,
      '50 Business Champ,
      '50 Starlight Champ,
      '60 Lark droptop,
      '63 GT R1
      Perry
      \'50 Business Champ,
      \'50 Starlight Champ,
      \'60 Lark Convertible,
      \'63 GT R1,
      \'67 Triumph TR4A

Comment

I may well be corrected, but I think they all had the insulation with the possible exception of some base models.

JDP/Maryland
        63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
        spent to date $54664,75
        64 R2 GT (Sid)
        spent to date $62,439.30
        63 Lark 2 door
        52 Starliner
        51 Commander
        39 Coupe express
        39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

I may well be corrected, but I think they all had the insulation with the possible exception of some base models.

JDP/Maryland
          63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
          spent to date $54664,75
          64 R2 GT (Sid)
          spent to date $62,439.30
          63 Lark 2 door
          52 Starliner
          51 Commander
          39 Coupe express
          39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

I am not sure either, but my guess is that the Regals got it, the Deluxes did not, unless ordered.

That is one beautiful and cute Convertible! It is so pretty especially the interior, that I would not be able to bring myself to correct all the wrong stuff, even though it would really bug me! Some is easy like the lighter, backup lights and tailpipes, but the interior is just way too pretty to correct, and none of it is correct! I love that Ginger/Carmel color Vinyl and even the beige too. Very nice car! [^] [] At least it is a tasteful and quality job!

quote:Originally posted by JDP

StudeRich
            Studebakers Northwest
            Ferndale, WA
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

I am not sure either, but my guess is that the Regals got it, the Deluxes did not, unless ordered.

That is one beautiful and cute Convertible! It is so pretty especially the interior, that I would not be able to bring myself to correct all the wrong stuff, even though it would really bug me! Some is easy like the lighter, backup lights and tailpipes, but the interior is just way too pretty to correct, and none of it is correct! I love that Ginger/Carmel color Vinyl and even the beige too. Very nice car! [^] [] At least it is a tasteful and quality job!

StudeRich
              Studebakers Northwest
              Ferndale, WA
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Don't let the wife see the pics.
                WIFE?!? Heck with that, don't let ME see the pics!![]

Absolutely gorgeous! Rich says there's lots that's "incorrect" (always does!) but to me it's TOTALLY correct!

I love convertibles, but have never cared for Lark convertibles; but this one changed my mind....[:0][:X]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Don't let the wife see the pics.
                  WIFE?!? Heck with that, don't let ME see the pics!![]

Absolutely gorgeous! Rich says there's lots that's "incorrect" (always does!) but to me it's TOTALLY correct!

I love convertibles, but have never cared for Lark convertibles; but this one changed my mind....[:0][:X]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                  Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Whaaaat? Incorrect? It has a correct battery hold down. Now about that hood prop......

Comment

Whaaaat? Incorrect? It has a correct battery hold down. Now about that hood prop......

Comment

'Glad to see so many forum members paying attention to battery hold-downs. They're not going to get too many past this group from here on out! [^][8D] BP
                        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                        "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

'Glad to see so many forum members paying attention to battery hold-downs. They're not going to get too many past this group from here on out! [^][8D] BP
                          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                          "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I think I said that very thing about the interior the first time I listed the car. The interior is "wrong", but nicer then the right one. BTW, I love the car too, but I was afraid to admit it.

JDP/Maryland
                            63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
                            spent to date $54664,75
                            64 R2 GT (Sid)
                            spent to date $62,439.30
                            63 Lark 2 door
                            52 Starliner
                            51 Commander
                            39 Coupe express
                            39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

I think I said that very thing about the interior the first time I listed the car. The interior is "wrong", but nicer then the right one. BTW, I love the car too, but I was afraid to admit it.

JDP/Maryland
                              63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
                              spent to date $54664,75
                              64 R2 GT (Sid)
                              spent to date $62,439.30
                              63 Lark 2 door
                              52 Starliner
                              51 Commander
                              39 Coupe express
                              39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment