X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• studegary
    replied
    Originally posted by Restobaker View Post
    OK I get it I posted in the wrong section.... I just dont know how to move it sorry..

about the car its a 1995 Honda accord ex 245,000 miles
    Hopefully, the moderators will move it. I can understand making the error in the location of the post.

I think that the car served its owner(s) well. Twenty years and a quarter of a million miles seems like enough to me on what was a pretty basic/lower priced car to start with.

Leave a comment:

• Restobaker
    replied
    OK I get it I posted in the wrong section.... I just dont know how to move it sorry..

about the car its a 1995 Honda accord ex 245,000 miles

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    I do not know why this is in the Studebaker part of the Forum.

Missing facts are the age of the Honda and the mileage on the Honda. My neighbor is selling his Honda Accord after 218K miles. It still looks good in and out and runs fine.

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    A good post for the "Stove Huggers" Forum.

Is it a Dumb Guy, a Dumb ENGINE, or BOTH? Lol!

That's an interesting design, I see that the cylinders are cooled ALL the way to the Top where the most Heat is. The downside being, they have very little support, unlike a Stude. Engine.

Leave a comment:

• Restobaker
    started a topic you cant fix stupid....

you cant fix stupid....

A buddy of mine came to me a few months back asking me to look at his Honda accord that wouldn't run. After closer inspection it was determined he needed and new timing belt. Honda accords have interference motor's so it bent valves after the timing belt broke. HE wanted to replace the head at later date...

To make a long story short this is the damage a bent valve did to the piston. This is the result of someone who didn't want to repair their car the correct way.

Now the car is off to the salvage yard its beyond repair... The value of the car isn't worth keeping it around.

total cost of repairs $3,000 to replace motor in a $500 dollar car.

Click image for larger version

Name:	honda_motor[1].jpg
Views:	1
Size:	112.6 KB
ID:	1749162
Working...
X