Have you ever discuss or cussed this car, LOL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you ever discuss or cussed this car, LOL

Have this cover hanging up , and like to think it was the start of Hot rod ,bringing back Studebakers in the magazine , because the years that followed ,saw more studes featured. Have a Bless Day....................."JULY 1990"...............................So I just found the Hot rod issue , when was the last time you saw a Studebaker on the cover of HOT ROD magazine ? welcome to the Dare to be different 1990's . John Carter has built a new American Classic street Machine with his ' 50 bullet-nose Pro Street Studebaker and it deserves nothing less than the cover of HOTROD .
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 14x7; 12-05-2015, 03:20 PM.

I think that car was sold in Tucson by Lew Dandurand in an unrestored condition to the guy, whose name escapes me, that built that car. I can't see the cover color of the car, but I think it was pinkish color. It was subject to some commentary but another member (who shall remain nameless) sold a 50 Champion convertible to the same guy, who did the same thing. That was subject to much commentary, mainly because the PO knew he sold it to a hot rodder, but said he did not know that was the case.

Bob Miles
    Tucson AZ
    Home of "Lazarus"

Comment

I have a t-shirt that I bought years ago with that car on it. I'm sure it won't fit me anymore.

Comment

I bought that mag back in the day just because of the bulletnose on the cover.
        I gave it to a pal who had just bought 3 bulletnoses at an auction.
        The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Pile View Post
          I bought that mag back in the day just because of the bulletnose on the cover.
          Me too. I used to buy any magazine that had a Studebaker on in it. The pastel colors on this one were really in for a period of time.
          "In the heart of Arkansas."
          Searcy, Arkansas
          1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
          1952 2R pickup

Comment

I surmise the guy who sold it to a hot rodder was shunned from that moment on.
            Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

That's doubtful.
              The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Originally posted by 52-fan View Post
                Me too. I used to buy any magazine that had a Studebaker on in it. The pastel colors on this one were really in for a period of time.
                What month and year was that publication? I would like to try and find one.

Dean

Comment

Originally posted by bob40 View Post
                  No, Lew is a great Studebaker guy going strong and working on a 53 Commander now at age 88! The other guy we just ignore on general principles

Bob Miles
                  Tucson AZ
                  Home of "Lazarus"

Comment

Originally posted by bob40 View Post
                    The hot rodder fraternity is several thousands of times larger, and 'build what you want, 'run what'cha brung' innovation and modification is welcomed with open arms. Active membership in any of the uptight Studebaker clubs is barely a blip on these Stude rodders radar.
                    Heck of a lot more fun, to hang with folks who will compliment style and good workmanship, rather than trounce your efforts because the only thing they can focus upon is that you have a 'wrong' side view mirror, or the 'wrong' year grill mesh, or are missing the 'proper' emblem, implying that you need to 'correct' your car and make it 'right' to be one of them.
                    Any creative rodder who experiences that kind of downer reception even once, will not be inclined to repeat it. Especially if there are half a dozen big hot rod events going on at the same time from which to choose.
                    I hate to say it, but all to often, there seems to be a Studebaker clique that often not too subtly broadcasts 'You are NOT welcome here.'
                    Last edited by Jessie J.; 12-04-2015, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dean pearson View Post
                      What month and year was that publication? I would like to try and find one.

Dean
                      It was also a feature cover car in the Spring 1991 issue of Custom Rodder (has story on two Bullet Noses). I do have an extra copy of that magazine at $5. Would also sell you the large 21 1/2 X 16 1/2" poster (see image below) for another $8. Add for postage.

Click image for larger version

Name:	50 hot rod cover copy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	128.0 KB
ID:	1701725Click image for larger version

Name:	004 (2).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	113.4 KB
ID:	1701726
                      Richard Quinn
                      Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Oh, those colors and "graphix"! It's that part of the '80s that wrapped into the early '90s!
                        1963 Champ "Stu Bludebaker"- sometimes driver
                        1957 Silver Hawk "Josie"- picking up the pieces after an unreliable body man let it rot for 11 years from an almost driver to a basket case
                        1951 Land Cruiser "Bunnie Ketcher" only 47M miles!
                        1951 Commander Starlight "Dale"- basket case
                        1947 Champion "Sally"- basket case
                        1941 Commander Land Cruiser "Ursula"- basket case

Comment

Originally posted by Studebaker Wheel View Post
                          It was also a feature cover car in the Spring 1991 issue of Custom Rodder (has story on two Bullet Noses). I do have an extra copy of that magazine at $5. Would also sell you the large 21 1/2 X 16 1/2" poster (see image below) for another $8. Add for postage.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]49909[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]49910[/ATTACH]

Pm sent. Thanks!

Comment

Notice pics are always from the front not the rear.

I'm referring to the car here.
                            That's what I like about my hard top conversion.

Dean.
                            Last edited by dean pearson; 12-05-2015, 07:33 PM.

Comment

That's one nice car . I would like to do that to the car , if I had the money.

Comment

Working...
                              X