Name:	IMG_0010.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	1749132Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0013.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	1749133
    I sent my steering wheel to Shrock Bro.s to be restored. I had previously tried filling the cracks and painting it, but was not satisfied with the results.
    They took a sample of the original plastic and matched the color perfectly. The pictures don't do it justice, the plastic has a translucent quality that lets light show through it. They also cast a matching set of knobs for me. Can't wait to see them installed.
    Dwight 54 Commander hardtop

VERY nice!

Comment

I must say these parts really do like fine,I can imagine how they look in the Flesh . I've never done business with Shrock Brothers,but have only heard about the high end work they do !
      Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Those parts look really great.
        To me the color looks more like the light tan of the 52 Studebakers. I have owned a couple of 53s and a 54 and I remember the steering wheels being more gray. Was more than one color wheel and knobs used in 53-54?
        "In the heart of Arkansas."
        Searcy, Arkansas
        1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
        1952 2R pickup

Comment

The shift knob and windshield wiper knob on 54 only is gray with perlescence. Very hard to find NOS.

The wheel looks like the same color as my original 54. And the Shrock wheel is bee-yoo-tee-full!
          RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

17A-S2 - 50 Commander convertible
          10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
          10G-Q4 - 51 Champion business coupe
          4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
          5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon
          56B-D4 - 56 Commander station wagon
          60V-L6 - 60 Lark convertible

Comment

Thanks for the kind words guys. The color is a little richer than the 52, almost a caramel tint. I wanted to match the knobs to the wheel, correct or not.
            Dwight 54 Commander hardtop

Comment

The wheel looks great. I had the same thing done last year and I am very happy with the work.
              Gary Sanders
              Nixa, MO

Comment

Very nice! I've seen their work close up at a few meets, they do excellent work!

Comment

They did the steering wheel for my truck. Very happy with it and very reasonably priced.
                  Jon Stalnaker
                  Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Very nice!!! I must say that a good looking steering wheel really "makes" an interior.

Comment

Working...
                    X