'64 Hawk L/F: Hood Parts Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '64 Hawk L/F: Hood Parts Needed

Greetings, I am busy restoring and reassembling, but I am missing a couple of parts. The hood horizontal separation spacer, which screws onto the hood vertical hinges on each side. As well, I am missing the hood prop rod. ( which holds the hood up) and large hood springs, (2)
    As well, I require 2 screw eye fasteners used to anchor front seat belts. I have all exterior chrome pieces, but all require re-chroming, accordingly, I looking for as new or new pieces. Anyone parting out a 62,3,or 4 Hawk?, Preferably on the east coast or attending York next spring.
    Thank you.

Originally posted by Hawk Saver View Post
    Greetings, I am busy restoring and reassembling, but I am missing a couple of parts. The hood horizontal separation spacer, which screws onto the hood vertical hinges on each side. As well, I am missing the hood prop rod. ( which holds the hood up) and large hood springs, (2)
    As well, I require 2 screw eye fasteners used to anchor front seat belts. I have all exterior chrome pieces, but all require re-chroming, accordingly, I looking for as new or new pieces. Anyone parting out a 62,3,or 4 Hawk?, Preferably on the east coast or attending York next spring.
    Thank you.
    Studebaker International has the hood prop rod for $40USD on page 121 of their catalog. Might have some of the other parts as well.

Comment

The Hood Springs are also available at: http://studebakervendors.com
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Kato , I have Gt parts car . Will check t out to see what I have and reply to you by privt. message . Neil.
        NEIL G.

Comment

Thank you folks, I have been making a list with S.I. and other vendors, but missed those 2 items, ( to be seasonally correct, I haven't gotten to the point of "checking it twice"). Still looking for horizontal bar separating hood hinges, and exterior chrome.
          Thanks for your posts and help.

Comment

I probably have what you need. I parted out a '62 Hawk years back. I definitely have the hood hinge mechanism hanging on a shelf and probably have the springs somewhere. I'm sure I have a prop rod, but not sure about the clip that retains it at the pivot point. I'm about a 2 hr drive away in the north end of Kingston. It is probably worthwhile to drop down with your list. You might be surprised what I have for your GT. Better still, if you plan to do that, PM me your list in advance, so I can locate the items you are interested in beforehand and not waste your time while I search boxes. Bill

Comment

Working...
            X