No announcement yet.

12V 1955 Studebaker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for that information. I have access to a free 53 K dashboard and clock and I will need one for my Speedster. You guys always come through.

Bob Miles
    Tucson AZ
    1955 Speedster "Lazarus"

Comment

Originally posted by 6hk71400 View Post
      Thanks for that information. I have access to a free 53 K dashboard and clock and I will need one for my Speedster. You guys always come through.

Bob Miles
      Tucson AZ
      1955 Speedster "Lazarus"
      If that 53K dash is from a Champion, the clock will fit. If it is from a Commander, the clock will not fit your '55 Speedster.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Champion

Bob Miles
        Tucson AZ
        Home of "Lazarus"

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
          At the International Meet in 1988, I had a good, long chat with Earle, where he commented at great length on the mid-1955 redesign with the Ultra-Vista windshield on the sedans more than anything else. Therefore, I suspect he must have lasted at least a year later. http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...debaker-Driver Craig
          Hi, Craig. I e-mailed Milt Yoder with our question about when Earle Haley left Studebaker.

Here is Milt's complete answer:

Bob: I also thought he left around '53. He was only there a couple years, he then went to California.
          His picture is in the '56 shop manual, he always found it amusing that his picture appeared after he left. Milt

BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
          "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

It does stand to reason that when Earle left Studebaker, that he would be working on the shop manual on future models. Earle mentioned when he can and visited with our chapter of his work in both service on the 50 models, and work on the shop manual on the 53 models. When he left Tucson he was driving his 57 Gray Commander on his way to College Station Texas to help set up a new chapter. He was very encouraging to me at the time as the newsletter editor of our chapter.

Bob Miles
            Tucson AZ
            Home of "Lazarus"

Comment

Working...
            X