Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Door Lock ( Stainless Steel Covers ) can they be removed ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 63t-cab
    replied
    Ed that's interesting,any chance You can check Your Speedster and measure the depth "or just Eye ball it".

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
    As an aside, I believe the 1955 lock housing is 'deeper' than other year housings, so the rotatable dust cover will clear the side moulding trim, (which surrounds the lock), unique to '55 models with 'regal' trim.

Leave a comment:

• 63t-cab
    replied
    Anthony, I sent You a PM.

Originally posted by T.J. lavallee View Post
    I have a few that are loose on my 59 Lark Regal HT. I was hoping S.I. would have the original style replacements but they state that the locks do not come with the dust covers. I've decided to leave them be.

Leave a comment:

• SN-60
    replied
    As an aside, I believe the 1955 lock housing is 'deeper' than other year housings, so the rotatable dust cover will clear the side moulding trim, (which surrounds the lock), unique to '55 models with 'regal' trim.

Leave a comment:

• T.J lavallee
    replied
    I have a few that are loose on my 59 Lark Regal HT. I was hoping S.I. would have the original style replacements but they state that the locks do not come with the dust covers. I've decided to leave them be.

Leave a comment:

• bezhawk
    replied
    Yes, they can be removed, but with extreme care. The pivot point is a spiral rivet/nail. you would have to carefully cut a slot into the head, and unscrew it. If that fails, then drill it out, I believe it is brass.

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    All 1947 to 1962 Studebaker Door Locks have the cool little stainless steel swing open dust Doors, both Hurd and Yale.

That would be quite a tedious job to get the whole Stainless Cover and the Dust Door off, but I think it is possible.
    Last edited by StudeRich; 12-01-2015, 07:05 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Door Lock ( Stainless Steel Covers ) can they be removed ?

These are from a 57 Hawk,and have the Water/Dirt cover.I know this type goes back to at least 55,and not sure when the cover dis appeared ? My question is exactly this, can the entire assembly be removed from the cylinder housing "where it wraps around the back side" and installed on another cylinder.or will this destroy the Stainless in the process of peeling it off ? any one done this with success/failure or some where in between.
Working...
X