Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(Referral Request) - Studebaker V8 Engine Rebuilder (North LA / Lancaster / Palmdale California)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Referral Request) - Studebaker V8 Engine Rebuilder (North LA / Lancaster / Palmdale California)

For an aquaintance....

Need to find a good shop that can rebuild a Stude V8 engine.
    Northern LA County.

Out of car right now.
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

I know of a coupla good places in the other side of the hill if he wants to travel a little.
    One old time place that has garnered my work lately is "Automotive Balancing", in Baldwin Park. Just up the street from the old Irwindale raceway...AND the current Irwindale raceway.
    They have been there since the 60's, same owner and a very knowledgeable helper. They've done a couple Stude engines and a "few" sets of heads for me.
    Very small shop, very good work.

Mike

Comment

Bob with candb knows one but I don't know exactly where in CA is located. May not be anywhere near there.

Comment

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
        For an aquaintance....
        Need to find a good shop that can rebuild a Stude V8 engine.
        Northern LA County. Out of car right now.

Palmdale?
        That's where they told me Frosty went to.
        It's not the engine out of Frosty is it?
        Jerry Forrester
        Forrester's Chrome
        Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Howard Brown and other L.A. Chapter members should know who does excellent Engine work in the L.A. basin, it's only about 70-80 Miles over the hill to civilization.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Valley Head Service in Northridge is worth the drive, just over the hill. Larry Ofria has been building Studebaker engines since I can remember. He balanced all of my engines Stude and Mopar. He does all the engines for Studebaker West. He is knowledgeable and does great work. Best part is he knows the brand and all of it's quirks. 19340 Londelius Street, Northridge 818-993-7000
            Dan Sallia

Comment

What SilverHawkDan said. Great place to take a Studebaker engine.
              Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
              '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
              '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
              '62 GT Hawk (4 speed, A/C, Power steering - running and DRIVING!)

Comment

Working...
              X