X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Good R3 Platform on eBay

Seen this 64 Daytona posted in eBay..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281867536989

Looks like a great car, with solid floorboards and pretty much a complete car..

It looks like it is aching of an R3 setup under the hood..

Oh, And..

HAPPY THANKSGIVING ALL!...

Any more than that and it's borderline worth it. Add in transportation costs...
    Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
    1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

A genuine non-Climatizer-equipped car!!

Craig

Comment

I also thought it is a good "Builder" to make a Street rod, or whatever, since there should not be any wasted money spent on previously done Rebuilt or renewed items not needed for a ground up Project.

It is a sharp looking and desirable Model that was Laguna Blue Metallic, that needs everything, but looks quite solid.

Really, a DAYTONA not ordered with the Optional Heat & Defrost System and Radio? I see the rare block off plugs in the Instrument panel, as Craig saw, but hard to believe! NOT Radio & Heater DELETE.

I think this seller is "Santana" someone I have bought and sold eBay items from and to before, but I can't remember his real name, he may even be a Forum Poster.

Judging by the Cars and Parts around, he has to be a serious Stude. Guy for sure!
        Last edited by StudeRich; 11-26-2015, 05:42 PM.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Solid looking Daytona hardtop for sure,.....but "a good R3 platform"???....Come on now, Studebaker Avantis aren't THAT hard to find!

Comment

Haven't you heard Ed, Larks are Faster than Avantis!
            StudeRich

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
              Words matter, Rich ;>) to be precise, the Lark, being lighter and having a higher center of gravity for weight transfer is better for drag racing; therefore quicker in quarter-mile elapsed time, but having greater frontal area and more aero drag, is slower than an Avanti in straightaway top speed.

jack vines
              PackardV8

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                All I can say about that Rich, is if I owned one of the rare Studebaker/Paxton R3 engines, (which unfortunately I do not), I'd DEFINITELY install it in a Studebaker Avanti! (probably a '64 model)

Studebaker's most advanced engine should be under the hood of Studebaker's most advanced car!.......RIGHT????????

Comment

This really is a great start for some one,as solid as it appears to be. looks like an extra piece of sheet metal on the Passenger side floor,what's up with that ?
                  Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

I would need a two door post car and one with less rust

Comment

Originally posted by 58PackardWagon View Post
                      I would need a two door post car and one with less rust
                      How about something like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221942087058...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Closed Nov. 23, at $3100.00 Reserve not met.
                      60 Oasis Green 2 Door1.jpg This is what I like about it: 60 Oasis Green 2 Door4.jpg ........................................The Optional Regal Dash.
                      StudeRich

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
                        All I can say about that Rich, is if I owned one of the rare Studebaker/Paxton R3 engines, (which unfortunately I do not), I'd DEFINITELY install it in a Studebaker Avanti! (probably a '64 model)

Studebaker's most advanced engine should be under the hood of Studebaker's most advanced car!.......RIGHT????????
                        I can understand your point of view Ed, but an R3 in a grocery getter like this, I think makes a bigger impact. Also the 64 cars allow the big Avanti style water manifold and the side mount SC setup, unlike the 63s. Fabricating an SC mout on the Avanti setup is easier than the standard Lark/Hawk setup, especially the unattainable R2 water manifold.

I think there are a few post where quite a bit of rust restoration, where the cost of that type of repair, would exceed the asking prices including shipping of this car. And with a title?

I'm just pointing out what I read from other postings on the form, "is it worth fixing," "How do I get a title for my car? "Just seems when there's a complete, original in appearance , And as noted hasn't been botched up by a previous restoration, this is really a good value

Comment

After looking at the PO for awhile, I noticed that this car was originally Strato Blue, not Laguna Blue; at first glance I was thinking Laguna Blue. The front door jambs seem to bear out Strato Blue. It was originally delivered to Long Beach, CA, and had only Flightomatic, white walls, and undercoating.

George
                          george krem

Comment

Originally posted by SScopelli View Post
                            I can understand your point of view Ed, but an R3 in a grocery getter like this, I think makes a bigger impact. Also the 64 cars allow the big Avanti style water manifold and the side mount SC setup, unlike the 63s. Fabricating an SC mout on the Avanti setup is easier than the standard Lark/Hawk setup, especially the unattainable R2 water manifold.

I think there are a few post where quite a bit of rust restoration, where the cost of that type of repair, would exceed the asking prices including shipping of this car. And with a title?

I'm just pointing out what I read from other postings on the form, "is it worth fixing," "How do I get a title for my car? "Just seems when there's a complete, original in appearance , And as noted hasn't been botched up by a previous restoration, this is really a good value
                            You're right... finding an R3 engine in a Daytona would certainly be more unexpected, than finding the same in an Avanti...and would no doubt raise more eyebrows!!

Comment

Working...
                            X