• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker showrooms

http://www.roadarch.com/showrooms/stude.html

Robert Kapteyn

Thanks for posting Bob! Great photos!
    Been inside the Mathis Studebaker dealer several times,
    Young Mr. Mathis (WW2 Vet.) showed me around. Had a huge beautiful 1920's Studebaker mural on back wall and Studebaker themed inlaid tile floor. Antique folks later had built a loft type second floor within the showroom. Covered up a lot of the interior detail. Shame it's falling apart from neglect.
    sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
    Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
    "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

'Way cool, Bob; thanks for the link.

Check out the topography of the Studebaker dealership in Hazelton PA on Page 2; I'll bet they "demo'd" and sold a lot of Hill Holders out of that place!

That's a great site; I'll have to check it out further to see how to contribute photos to it. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
      "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
        'Way cool, Bob; thanks for the link.

Check out the topography of the Studebaker dealership in Hazelton PA on Page 2; I'll bet they "demo'd" and sold a lot of Hill Holders out of that place!

That's a great site; I'll have to check it out further to see how to contribute photos to it. BP
        Not much different than the hill on Preston Avenue in front of Coggins Motors.
        Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

My Sky Hawk came from Eidam Bros. Studebaker in 1956. I always wondered what it looked like. Thanks heaps!
          peter lee

Comment

Very nice Robert, thanks for sharing.
            sigpic
            In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Bob, Nice job. I think it's fantastic that so many former Studebaker buildings have been preserved and have other uses now. Makes me feel great!
              Rog
              '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
              Smithtown,NY
              Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Thanks Robert for Posting these, just Fantastic how Ornate, well Built and EXPENSIVE these Studebaker Buildings were, it is a tribute to their integrity that they are still standing as well as the History minded people that had the sense to save them.

I always wished I had some Pictures of the Newer Non-Stude. Wheel Type building that housed the Paul G. Hoffman Jr. Stude. Dealership in Inglewood, CA.

Later when Dad worked there it became: Frank H. Afton Co. Inc. Studebaker, Packard, Mercedes Benz, "an Acre of Service at your Service"! At 240 N. Market St. Inglewood, CA
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

These are great to see. Hope they stand for many years to come...
                  sigpic

1950 Commander Starlight Coupe
                  Regal Deluxe Trim
                  Automatic transmission
                  46k original miles, 4th Owner

Comment

Working...
                  X