Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JDP
    replied
    When in a bar, you drink what they have.

JDP/Maryland
    63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
    spent to date $54664,75
    64 R2 GT (Sid)
    spent to date $62,439.30
    63 Lark 2 door
    52 Starliner
    51 Commander
    39 Coupe express
    39 Coupe express (rod)

Leave a comment:

• JDP
    replied
    When in a bar, you drink what they have.

JDP/Maryland
    63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
    spent to date $54664,75
    64 R2 GT (Sid)
    spent to date $62,439.30
    63 Lark 2 door
    52 Starliner
    51 Commander
    39 Coupe express
    39 Coupe express (rod)

Leave a comment:

• Guido
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by JDP
    I went out for a few beers with my friend Robyn and switched to [u]diet coke</u> about midnight while Robyn tried to empty the keg.
    And we thought that you were a Diet Dr. Pepper guy. [?]

Leave a comment:

• Guido
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by JDP
    I went out for a few beers with my friend Robyn and switched to [u]diet coke</u> about midnight while Robyn tried to empty the keg.
    And we thought that you were a Diet Dr. Pepper guy. [?]

Leave a comment:

• JDP
    replied
    Had another pay it forward last night. I went out for a few beers with my friend Robyn and switched to diet coke about midnight while Robyn tried to empty the keg. The bartender though I was "sweet" for watching over my friend and being a responsible drinker. Although I tipped the bartender about $10.00, she tossed the much bigger bar tab in the trash. BTW, I met Robyn at the American legion post in Annapolis and was shocked to find slot machines. Is there some kind of wink and a nod law about about private clubs and slot machines ?

JDP/Maryland
    63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
    spent to date $54664,75
    64 R2 GT (Sid)
    spent to date $62,439.30
    63 Lark 2 door
    52 Starliner
    51 Commander
    39 Coupe express
    39 Coupe express (rod)

Leave a comment:

• JDP
    replied
    Had another pay it forward last night. I went out for a few beers with my friend Robyn and switched to diet coke about midnight while Robyn tried to empty the keg. The bartender though I was "sweet" for watching over my friend and being a responsible drinker. Although I tipped the bartender about $10.00, she tossed the much bigger bar tab in the trash. BTW, I met Robyn at the American legion post in Annapolis and was shocked to find slot machines. Is there some kind of wink and a nod law about about private clubs and slot machines ?

JDP/Maryland
    63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
    spent to date $54664,75
    64 R2 GT (Sid)
    spent to date $62,439.30
    63 Lark 2 door
    52 Starliner
    51 Commander
    39 Coupe express
    39 Coupe express (rod)

Leave a comment:

• jlmccuan
    replied
    The most fun I've ever had for 75 cents was to pay the toll for stranger's cars behind me during rush hour traffic and then drive away and watch them try to figure out who I was. Guess tolls are more than that now.

Jim

_________1966 Avanti II RQA 0088______________Rabid Snail Racing

Leave a comment:

• jlmccuan
    replied
    The most fun I've ever had for 75 cents was to pay the toll for stranger's cars behind me during rush hour traffic and then drive away and watch them try to figure out who I was. Guess tolls are more than that now.

Jim

_________1966 Avanti II RQA 0088______________Rabid Snail Racing

Leave a comment:

• avantilover
    replied
    I must confess that I'm the lucky one being on this list with such great folks who provide such wonderful help and information to those who ask, case in point the gearbox rebuild at the International Meet for Mr Bams.

Now that I have (with family help) cleared my debts, my finances will slowly build up and within 5 years (hopefully sooner) I'll be able to get a car.

John Clements
    Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
    Lockleys South Australia

Leave a comment:

• avantilover
    replied
    I must confess that I'm the lucky one being on this list with such great folks who provide such wonderful help and information to those who ask, case in point the gearbox rebuild at the International Meet for Mr Bams.

Now that I have (with family help) cleared my debts, my finances will slowly build up and within 5 years (hopefully sooner) I'll be able to get a car.

John Clements
    Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
    Lockleys South Australia

Leave a comment:

• tstclr
    replied
    Yes, it's nice to be connected. I often forget how lucky I am to work at a dealership. I have access to great parts people, an excellent body shop, talented technicians, guys with tow trucks or car trailers and a hoist to use any time I want. Your post reminded me to stop over at my aftermarket parts supplier with a box of donuts. Those guys are great.
    Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

Leave a comment:

• tstclr
    replied
    Yes, it's nice to be connected. I often forget how lucky I am to work at a dealership. I have access to great parts people, an excellent body shop, talented technicians, guys with tow trucks or car trailers and a hoist to use any time I want. Your post reminded me to stop over at my aftermarket parts supplier with a box of donuts. Those guys are great.
    Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

Leave a comment:

• studelover
    replied
    JDP is one of those guy's that does good deeds for others and deserves a good turn, if those guy's at the repair shop only knew, they would keep the car overnight until the undercoating dried. I spent some time with him on Tuesday and he is a fine gentleman. I was at the Reedsville swap meeet.I bought some folks with me and they took up most of my space. I e-mailed JDP for a favor, he called and was able to pic up my parts(large doors 2) I picked them up and can not express the gratitude that I felt for him. I have never met him and he did this for a forum member. I had talked to Mr. Simmons about these door and he would have had to take them back accross the border. JDP actually helped both of us. I hope one day I can do something for him. Great guy[8D]I will not forget!

Studebakers forever!

Leave a comment:

• studelover
    replied
    JDP is one of those guy's that does good deeds for others and deserves a good turn, if those guy's at the repair shop only knew, they would keep the car overnight until the undercoating dried. I spent some time with him on Tuesday and he is a fine gentleman. I was at the Reedsville swap meeet.I bought some folks with me and they took up most of my space. I e-mailed JDP for a favor, he called and was able to pic up my parts(large doors 2) I picked them up and can not express the gratitude that I felt for him. I have never met him and he did this for a forum member. I had talked to Mr. Simmons about these door and he would have had to take them back accross the border. JDP actually helped both of us. I hope one day I can do something for him. Great guy[8D]I will not forget!

Studebakers forever!

Leave a comment:

• hank63
    replied
    A six-pack of cold stubbies have bought me a prop shaft balance, a 4 wheel balance, a dizzy check & re-set, a w/screen re-seal, etc. I select a smaller place and arrive just after lunch break has started.
    "I bet this cold six-pack (frosty six-pack placed on counter) you can't have the XYZ done before lunch is over".
    Works 8 times out of 10.
    /H

Leave a comment:

Working...
X