Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JRoberts
    replied
    I guess the beer idea would be alright, but only if it was cheap beer and not something that was really good stuff.

Leave a comment:

• 63t-cab
    replied
    Neil, I never new that "interesting". but about the BEER,would that classify as DWI

Originally posted by rockinhawk View Post
    ru8bbing alcohol or even beer will substitute for brake fluid in a pinch.

Leave a comment:

• rockinhawk
    replied
    ru8bbing alcohol or even beer will substitute for brake fluid in a pinch.

Leave a comment:

• dean pearson
    replied
    Now that's some skills right there!

Not safe but at times we must do what we must do.

Dean

Leave a comment:

• sals54
    replied
    Glad you made it home safely, Sam. Good luck on a quick fix. I've suffered a similar fate some time ago. Quite the adrenalin rush, eh?

Leave a comment:

• Bamajak
    replied
    Can not wait to see it Sam............

Leave a comment:

• Sam Ensley
    started a topic Moultrie Swap meet

Moultrie Swap meet

I attended the Moultrie swap meet with a friend who took a Bronco down to sell. It didn't. I went along to pick up a 1956 Power Hawk that I bought last week about fifty miles from the swap meet.
    There were many beautiful cars there as well as the usual junk. I only saw three Studebakers: Two 1962 GT Hawks and a 1936 Dictator 4-dr. None of them were special. The Hawks were priced at $15,000 each and the Dictator was priced at $10,500. I don't think any of them sold.
    Just before I got onto I-75 headed home, there was a weird noise from the right front when I really got on the brakes. By the time I got to the middle of Atlanta, the brakes were gone. I stopped (barely) to get gas and brake fluid, but they were out of brake fluid. I did a stupid thing; I drove the rest of the way (about 100 miles) without brakes. I took it out of overdrive and used the compression for brakes. Thank goodness, I got home without any problems.
Working...
X