Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can You help me identify? - year and model.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Can You help me identify? - year and model.

    I have this pic of my great grandfather and his new car. On the back my great grandmother has written "New 1927 Studebaker". Can anyone verify the year is correct or the model? I would like to find one just like this to buy or restore. Thanks to all who reply.


    20151110_203528.jpg

  • #2
    1924 Light Six model EM roadster with optional nickel plated radiator shell and disc wheels. Most had wood wheels and painted shell so this was a bit distinctive.
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

    Comment


    • #3
      Is that your Grandfather on the Running board? That Photo must have been around for several Generations.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner



      Comment


      • #4
        Yes, that is my grandfather standing on the running board, and his dad - my great grandfather - sitting next to him in the hat and tie.

        I would REALLY love to find one like this to honor his memory. (Or his 1912 Franklin "Little Six" that I remember him talking about as his first high school car).

        The "Distinctive" would be fitting for the two of them. They were both very unconventional individuals.

        - - - Updated - - -

        Originally posted by Studebaker Wheel View Post
        1924 Light Six model EM roadster with optional nickel plated radiator shell and disc wheels. Most had wood wheels and painted shell so this was a bit distinctive.
        WOW, you can even tell the radiator from that pic? Or are you just being silly with me? LOL.
        Last edited by kmusgrave; 11-21-2015, 06:56 PM.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by kmusgrave View Post
          Yes, that is my grandfather standing on the running board, and his dad - my great grandfather - sitting next to him in the hat and tie.

          I would REALLY love to find one like this to honor his memory. (Or his 1912 Franklin "Little Six" that I remember him talking about as his first high school car).

          The "Distinctive" would be fitting for the two of them. They were both very unconventional individuals.

          - - - Updated - - -

          WOW, you can even tell the radiator from that pic? Or are you just being silly with me? LOL.
          I believe if the shell wasn't nickle plated it would be painted to match the car. So it's not too had to tell for an expert like Mr. Quinn.
          sigpic

          "In the heart of Arkansas."
          Searcy, Arkansas
          1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
          1952 2R pickup

          Comment


          • #6
            Do not believe I am being silly, though don't put it past me. I cannot tell the radiator but I can sure tell the radiator shell!! Nickel is bright and shiny almost like chrome, while black is ....well, black! See images below. If interested in finding such a car you definitely should join the Antique Studebaker Club. It is for 1946 and earlier Studebakers only. See http://www.theantiquestudebakerclub.com/ Lots to see on the site but note The "join the club" tab on left.

            24 light 6 rdstr1 copy.jpg24 light 6 rdstr2.jpg24 light 6 rdstr specs.jpg
            Last edited by Studebaker Wheel; 11-21-2015, 07:44 PM.
            Richard Quinn
            Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

            Comment


            • #7
              What a great phtograph.
              Mark L

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Studebaker Wheel View Post
                Do not believe I am being silly, though don't put it past me. I cannot tell the radiator but I can sure tell the radiator shell!! Nickel is bright and shiny almost like chrome, while black is ....well, black! See images below. If interested in finding such a car you definitely should join the Antique Studebaker Club. It is for 1946 and earlier Studebakers only. See http://www.theantiquestudebakerclub.com/ Lots to see on the site but note The "join the club" tab on left.

                [ATTACH=CONFIG]49642[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]49643[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]49644[/ATTACH]
                Thanks for the info. I really do want to find a model like this and that is the main reason I was asking. I was mainly wondering how you identified the model (as the radiator is pretty easy to see that it is not body color). You came up with the model so quickly, that it caused me to wonder if you were just spouting something to be silly (if you were not certain. That is my type of humor, so I am the type of person that says the first thing to come into my head). Heck, since my grandmother wrote the wrong year on the photo - it could be that she even got the model of car wrong. I would not know. LOL.

                Comment


                • #9
                  ..... and thanks for the link to the Antique club! Much appreciated. I will definitely look around over there! (Antiques are my passion.... My current collection includes 29 Pontiac, 31 Chevrolet, and 32 Buick)

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X