Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good news and bad news came yesterday

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Good news and bad news came yesterday

    I guess the bad news is that my landlords agent came and told me they want me out of my shop by the end of Feb. The good news is in the long run it might make my life a lot easier. So every thing must go one way or another, I can call for a metal dumpster and have it put in front of the shop for easy fill or can open this up to members to come by and load their trucks and trailers. I can not make a list of what I have it would be to long. I will make room in my 5 car garage at home for select parts and the rest will be gone. some cars need to go also, all sheet metal will go for sure as it takes up the most room. I can be reached at 510-266-2522 or a PM....Bob
    Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California



  • #2
    Can you post some pix to give us an idea, Bob?
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

    Comment


    • #3
      Bob,
      Big news indeed. We knew it was coming, but still a shock to hear a final date.

      I bought many cars from Bob and tons of parts. Well, BOUGHT is not quite right. Bob always treated me much more than fairly. He loves to see those Studebakers get back on the road! Anyone who has dealt with Bob sees him as far more of a friend than a vendor. Thanks for all you have done for me over the years, Bob.

      The timing is probably pretty good considering. You knew you wanted out. You've been downsizing for years. Studebaker parts sales are not exactly on the increase. Think what it would be like if you still had the yard and much more inventory than you have now . I know you'll still keep you finger in Stude car and parts sales from home, but planning ahead like you have done has made it far easier than it will be for some of your peers in the biz.

      I'll be in the Bay Area for Christmas. See you then.
      Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

      Comment


      • #4
        Got any C-cab body pieces left?

        Comment


        • #5
          Its sad to see another great source for information and parts go to the way side, hopefully you will still be around the club to help spread the knowledge.
          "trying to save them from the crusher one at a time"

          Comment


          • #6
            Hi Bob, while we were at the Florida State Meet information was put out to the "public" that Stephen Cade (formerly Stephen Allen) was getting back into the Stude parts business. I don't have any phone or other numbers, but if you researched for his contact info, you might be able to make a big sale of your inventory. I know he is looking to buy parts, so it might be worth your time to try to contact him. Best of luck, and thanks for what you have done for all of Studedom. Bill

            Comment


            • #7
              I am looking for a rust free 62 Lark sedan shell. I live in MN. Do you have one of these? Thanks

              Comment


              • #8
                I thought someone from New Zealand or Australia had bought the total contents of the shop? Did that deal fall through?
                Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                Ron Smith
                Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by studeclunker View Post
                  I thought someone from New Zealand or Australia had bought the total contents of the shop? Did that deal fall through?
                  No Ron, never had a deal for every thing but have send a lot over to New Zealand this year and am starting to fill for another, New Zealand does not need sheet metal.

                  - - - Updated - - -

                  Originally posted by 58PackardWagon View Post
                  I am looking for a rust free 62 Lark sedan shell. I live in MN. Do you have one of these? Thanks
                  Sorry no shells but lots of parts.....Bob

                  - - - Updated - - -

                  Originally posted by Mrs K Corbin View Post
                  Got any C-cab body pieces left?
                  Fenders, hoods, grilles, all need work............Bob
                  Candbstudebakers
                  Castro Valley,
                  California


                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by bill van alstyne View Post
                    Hi Bob, while we were at the Florida State Meet information was put out to the "public" that Stephen Cade (formerly Stephen Allen) was getting back into the Stude parts business. I don't have any phone or other numbers, but if you researched for his contact info, you might be able to make a big sale of your inventory. I know he is looking to buy parts, so it might be worth your time to try to contact him. Best of luck, and thanks for what you have done for all of Studedom. Bill
                    Thanks Bill , Milt Yoder send me the info and hope to call him today.....Bob
                    Candbstudebakers
                    Castro Valley,
                    California


                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I cant seem to get there fast enough Im still coming on Friday I guess I should bring 2 pickups instead of one if there is anything left by fri.
                      "Fords are cars Studebakers are Automobiles" -Jerry Washburn

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Pop's Chariot View Post
                        I cant seem to get there fast enough Im still coming on Friday I guess I should bring 2 pickups instead of one if there is anything left by fri.

                        Jerry lots of things here and will be for some time might want to try one truck on Friday.....Bob
                        Candbstudebakers
                        Castro Valley,
                        California


                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Bob can you send me your phone number in a pm please.
                          sigpicIt is an addiction!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I can't come to the area but if anyone is going and can spot the pieces I need for my 55 Speedster I would appreciate the help. I need the two front fender pieces with the plastic fin and I need the pieces that come from the halo on the body and go to the stainless trim pieces on the rear fender.

                            It is probably too much to hope for a dash or gauges but I can wish can't I? If that is also there shoot me and email: rmc61coupe@msn.com or call 520-465-9873.

                            TAM (Thanks A Million)

                            Bob Miles
                            Tucson AZ
                            1955 Speedster "Lazarus"

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Bob,
                              I have everything but the dash panel

                              www.studebakersite.com
                              Barry'd in Studes

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X