Two vintage cars stolen from Veteran on Veteran's Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two vintage cars stolen from Veteran on Veteran's Day

Moderator: This is not about Studebakers so move it to Stove Huggers if you must, but far fewer people will see it there...the more people that see this the more the chance of recovery.

Really sad story about a really nice guy just doing what's right.

http://www.fresnobee.com/opinion/article45283557.html

Last edited by kurtruk; 11-23-2015, 09:21 PM.
    KURTRUK
    (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

sad story indeed. Makes you just nuts every time you hear about something like this. A good reason all classic cars should have something like this. Called a smart tracker you can locate your car anywhere with a smart phone.
    Attached Files

Comment

Great news. The cars have been found, returned, and the perps arrested.

http://www.fresnobee.com/news/local/...e45932160.html
      KURTRUK
      (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

That is excellent News, nobody should have to go though the loss of much loved Vehicles like that forever, having restored them himself.

I noticed the Perps were charged with MANY crimes in addition to THREE counts of Auto Theft: "Carlton also was charged with two counts of residential burglary. Cummings also was charged with violation of probation, residential burglary and possession of drug paraphernalia.

-Drugs, One of the biggest "motivators" in these crimes.

Good Job, Fresno County Sheriffs and CHP!
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Wow, those two sure look the part of thieves.

Comment

Originally posted by kurtruk View Post
            Great news. The cars have been found, returned, and the perps arrested.

http://www.fresnobee.com/news/local/...e45932160.html
            Wow, terrific police work. I'm sure it was with the help of the public. I'm thrilled that the low-lifes were caught. They should go away for a long time. Now THATS a jury I'd be happy to be on.
            Rog
            '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
            Smithtown,NY
            Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Glad he got his cars back. Hope he puts a locator on it. A 100 dollars for the locator and I think around $30 if you ever need them to turn it on to locate it and that can be done from a smart phone. If you lost your car wouldn't you like to be able to go knock on the thieves door. Could be done with or with out the police help if you get my drift.

Comment

Originally posted by swvalcon View Post
                Glad he got his cars back. Hope he puts a locator on it. A 100 dollars for the locator and I think around $30 if you ever need them to turn it on to locate it and that can be done from a smart phone. If you lost your car wouldn't you like to be able to go knock on the thieves door. Could be done with or with out the police help if you get my drift.
                Only if you are toting a Double Barrel 12 Gauge!
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Originally posted by swvalcon View Post
                  And you would be in both bigger danger and trouble than the original perps. This is where the professionals need to be involved. Theft won't trump assault with a deadly weapon. I'm a gun owner, hunter, target shooter and second amendment supporter but nothing supports going after them with a deadly weapon.

IAC, glad they got the vehicles back in great shape. Bob
                  , ,

Comment

What cute couple

Comment

Working...
                    X