Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 64 cruiser ignition cylinder replacement

Hey guys,
    last night the ignition cylinder/switch shorted out in my 64 cruiser out and I'm needing to replace it with a new switch, i went to my local auto shop and they suggested a universal ignition cylinder, just curious to see what people think of this idea or to see if anyone has a better suggestion in regards to a replacement
    thanks in advance!

Michael, I have a switch with key pulled from a Lark. if You're interested, send Me a PM.
    Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Go with Joe. Those universal ignition switches never fit right and always give you trouble down the road.
      sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
      Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
      "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Replacement Ignition Switches.
        Not to mention looking really stupid with a exposed knurl Nut on the dash face instead of a Chrome Bezel, and a cheap 4 cut Tumbler and key instead of 5 as original.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Yep, I had one of those on my car when I bought it. Looked horrible, functioned worse. The nice repro SI sells works much better and works right, plus it lights up like it's supposed to when you turn on the parking lamps

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Thanks guys, decided to go ahead and buy a nos ignition replacement that matches the old spec and fab size!

Comment

Working...
            X