• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://charlotte.craigslist.org/zip/5309309944.html

Can't beat the price!
    1964 GT Hawk R1 (full package)

Comment

While that truck isn't what I'm looking for I would love to pick it up. But without a truck and trailer organizing a way to get it is pretty tough and would probably take too long for the current owner to be to happy.. I'd hate to see someone just take that straight to a scrap yard though, that would be a real shame. Maybe once I find a truck I'll be able to save a few like that even if it is just for parts to keep others on the road.

Comment

I have someone who possibly would have been able to go get it, even though it would be an 8 hour drive, but when he got off work to see my message, the listing was gone. It did not seem like a listing that would last even a day, if it was real. Thanks for the alert. My searches for 'Studebaker' did not find that listing which did not use that name.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Crandall View Post
          I have someone who possibly would have been able to go get it, even though it would be an 8 hour drive, but when he got off work to see my message, the listing was gone. It did not seem like a listing that would last even a day, if it was real. Thanks for the alert. My searches for 'Studebaker' did not find that listing which did not use that name.
          Before it was ever mentioned here, I had already alerted a SDC member who lives close to where the truck was. Don't know if he got it, since he has not replied to my e mail. I believe that the title of the ad only saying, "Free Truck," was the reason it lasted as long as it did. I would love to have hitched up my trailer and gone to pick it up. But with my wife having health problems, and making daily trips to visit my mother in the nursing home, I already have too many stalled projects.

That chrome bumper on the front of the truck would be worth the trip. A rear bumper, good tailgate, decent bed, would make it even better. If it has good wheels, transmission, brake drums, decent steering wheel...even better.
          John Clary
          Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Working...
          X