'63 Avanti on Ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

replied
    I own R-4466, with the same mistake (order written 5/27/73) as to the date, and the same destination (99 Tag Las Vegas Driveaway). Destination of my car was Salt Lake City, Utah. I've always wondered if mine was one of the Avanti's taken to the Corporate/Dealer Meeting in Las Vegas in 1963, meant to be driven home by a dealer after the meeting. Looks like this car could have been it's stablemate if that 99 code is what it seems it could be?

Leave a comment:

• 64studeavanti
    replied
    Agreed with the 813 BKV option. Not sure when it became available, but 63R4551 is a round headlight with the BKV option. It also has the round console knobs. I particularly like the typo on the order date 5/27/73!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 64studeavanti; 11-09-2015, 04:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Langer
    replied
    Originally posted by plwindish View Post
    Wood grain was 64 only.
    1963 Avantis with the all black interior (813 BKV) will have the wood grain accents including the wood grain steering wheel.

Leave a comment:

• plwindish
    replied
    Wood grain was 64 only. It is a Nice looking 63!

Leave a comment:

• ddub
    replied
    I saw this also, a very nice car with an over the top description. Is the wood grain steering wheel correct for that serial number?

Leave a comment:

• sweetolbob
    replied
    The seller really got my attention when he said "carbs" in the description. But not to be, it's an R1 not a R4 by looking at the engine pictures. But in any case, it is a very nice example and it will be interesting to see if it sells and at what price. Bob

Leave a comment:

• Chris Pile
    replied
    OH. Clean machine.

Leave a comment:

• paintim613
    replied
    Originally posted by Chris Pile View Post
    Needs more pix in the auction page to really show it off.
    Scroll down, lots of pictures

Leave a comment:

• Chris Pile
    replied
    Needs more pix in the auction page to really show it off.

Leave a comment:

• paintim613
    started a topic '63 Avanti on Ebay

'63 Avanti on Ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Studebaker-2...m=252161550453
Working...
X