No announcement yet.

Celebrity Avanti Owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For you non-Avanti owners...here's what I've picked up over the years in the Avanti magazine...

The Dick Van Dyke Avanti (he was/is quite a car guy) is now in storage at the Peterson museum in LA...(I've heard it described as "just another white Avanti").

The Johnny Carson car still exists...but only half...it is said to have burned.

The Ian Flemming Avanti is missing in England. Maybe our UK friends could tell us if they know what happened to it and Shirley Bassey's "car. I'd be interested in knowing if it is still out there.

Anyone with any details of the Sinatra car? The cited website is the only place I've seen the car mentioned. Usually and FS car (aside from the 80s "FAS Edition" Imperials) go for a big premium.

The Deforest Kelly car has been restored by the owner/operator of the "avantisource" website. http://www.avantisource.com/new_project.htm

One of the ex-Alice Cooper cars, a late model (early 2000s pre-Mexico) convertiable is now owned by a California minister.

Any updates or corrections welcomed.

63 Avanti R1 2788
    1914 Stutz Bearcat
    (George Barris replica)

Washington State
    63 Avanti R1 2788
    1914 Stutz Bearcat
    (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

For you non-Avanti owners...here's what I've picked up over the years in the Avanti magazine...

The Dick Van Dyke Avanti (he was/is quite a car guy) is now in storage at the Peterson museum in LA...(I've heard it described as "just another white Avanti").

The Johnny Carson car still exists...but only half...it is said to have burned.

The Ian Flemming Avanti is missing in England. Maybe our UK friends could tell us if they know what happened to it and Shirley Bassey's "car. I'd be interested in knowing if it is still out there.

Anyone with any details of the Sinatra car? The cited website is the only place I've seen the car mentioned. Usually and FS car (aside from the 80s "FAS Edition" Imperials) go for a big premium.

The Deforest Kelly car has been restored by the owner/operator of the "avantisource" website. http://www.avantisource.com/new_project.htm

One of the ex-Alice Cooper cars, a late model (early 2000s pre-Mexico) convertiable is now owned by a California minister.

Any updates or corrections welcomed.

63 Avanti R1 2788
      1914 Stutz Bearcat
      (George Barris replica)

Washington State
      63 Avanti R1 2788
      1914 Stutz Bearcat
      (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

quote:Originally posted by tuumest

Within the last 2 weeks, I got an e-mail with the Celebrity Avanti Owners website included.
        Does anyone have that website as mine got deleted.

Pete Yuen
        <tuumest@shaw.ca>

Pete Yuen
        By the way Pete - good to see you on the Forum!

<h5>Mark
        '57 Transtar
        3E-6/7-122
        </h5>

Mark Hayden
        '66 Commander

Comment

quote:Originally posted by tuumest

Within the last 2 weeks, I got an e-mail with the Celebrity Avanti Owners website included.
          Does anyone have that website as mine got deleted.

Pete Yuen
          &lt;tuumest@shaw.ca&gt;

Pete Yuen
          By the way Pete - good to see you on the Forum!

<h5>Mark
          '57 Transtar
          3E-6/7-122
          </h5>

Mark Hayden
          '66 Commander

Comment

I'll second that welcome, Mark.

Nice to see you here, Pete!

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

I'll second that welcome, Mark.

Nice to see you here, Pete!

Comment

Pete is one of the most active Stude guys in the "greater Bellingham area" . Welcome Pete...keep posting, we need your knowledge here [^]

<h5>Dick Steinkamp
                Bellingham, WA</h5>
                Dick Steinkamp
                Bellingham, WA

Comment

Pete is one of the most active Stude guys in the "greater Bellingham area" . Welcome Pete...keep posting, we need your knowledge here [^]

<h5>Dick Steinkamp
                  Bellingham, WA</h5>
                  Dick Steinkamp
                  Bellingham, WA

Comment

Thanks to everyone that responded to give me info regarding Celebrity Avanti Owners, the website, the nice commens and welcome to theStudebaker Forum. . . All very much appreciated

Pete

Pete Yuen

Comment

Thanks to everyone that responded to give me info regarding Celebrity Avanti Owners, the website, the nice commens and welcome to theStudebaker Forum. . . All very much appreciated

Pete

Pete Yuen

Comment

Working...
                      X