Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWChamp
    replied
    Original color or not, that sure is a good looking Avanti.

Leave a comment:

• bezhawk
    replied
    Sorry, Try this:Click image for larger version

Name:	jay+avanti+silver+0+copy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	130.3 KB
ID:	1701347

Leave a comment:

• SN-60
    replied
    Originally posted by bezhawk View Post
    My computer tells me I'm FORBIDDEN to see this Gray Avanti.......NOW I'm interested!!

Leave a comment:

• bezhawk
    replied
    http://bezautoalchemy.com/wp-content...ver+0+copy.jpg
    This one was Avanti Gray also.

Leave a comment:

• studefan
    replied
    You're right Milaca. Lighting, cameras, and computer monitors make a difference. Looking at the contrast between the seats and outside though, I agree with Bob that it looks slightly non-original. Seeing it in person is the only real way to tell.

Leave a comment:

• Milaca
    replied
    Direct sunlight reflecting off a car can make a camera do crazy things, therefor the color we see in the photo may not be accurate.

Leave a comment:

• SN-60
    replied
    Here's 'Avanti Turquoise' on my own '63 ....in Dupont lacquer. (Many folks think lacquer doesn't 'stand up'....I painted this Avanti twenty-three years ago!)
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• SN-60
    replied
    Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
    Agreed, Bill.

I suppose it depends on one's monitor, but I've got a pretty good ACER less than a year old, and that Avanti's color doesn't really look like any original 1963 Avanti color, IMHO.

Not to say it isn't pretty, of course, because it is. BP

Actually, it DOES Bob.....It looks exactly like the Dupont version of 'Avanti Turquoise'....which, in my opinion at least , is a much nicer look than the Ditzler version, which probably should have been named 'Avanti Blue'!!

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    Originally posted by Bill Pressler View Post
    Every Avanti Grey I've ever seen has been significantly darker than this car.
    Agreed, Bill.

I suppose it depends on one's monitor, but I've got a pretty good ACER less than a year old, and that Avanti's color doesn't really look like any original 1963 Avanti color, IMHO.

Not to say it isn't pretty, of course, because it is. BP

Leave a comment:

• Bill Pressler
    replied
    Every Avanti Grey I've ever seen has been significantly darker than this car.

Leave a comment:

• SN-60
    replied
    Avanti Gray?....It's possible I guess.....but I very much doubt it!

Leave a comment:

• bezhawk
    replied
    I think it's Avanti Grey, which replaced the black when it was no longer offered. It has lots of blue in the formula.

Leave a comment:

• SN-60
    replied
    I believe that the '63 Avanti in the above photo is painted the 'Dupont' version of Avanti Turquoise...To me, it looks very similar to my own '63, which has that same paint formula on it.

There are definitely TWO distinct versions of the Avanti Turquoise exterior color....Ditzler (PPG) and Dupont, with the Ditzler version having much more of a 'blueish' tone...SN-60

Leave a comment:

• Guido
    replied
    I grew up 25 minutes from P.D. Waugh, they have been around since before WWII and are the oldest Harley Davidson dealer in Virginia. I did not know they had an Avanti, Frank Drumheller may know more.
    Last edited by Guido; 10-31-2015, 02:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Milaca
    replied
    Interesting collection! Four Crosleys! I believe the Crosley identified as a Hotshot is actually a Super Sport (being that it has doors). I like the looks of that Bridgestone motorcycle, quite uncommon these days.
    I haven't seen many silver Avantis:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X