Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lamberti Papers - Again

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Lamberti Papers - Again

    There are just SO many cool topics brought up in those Lamberti papers from July 1, 1963 that have been discussed here before but in no way were all of the MANY interesting Topics discussed.

    They actually had SO much going on and "Irons in the Fire" at that time, it's really too bad few were accomplished.

    Here are some very interesting ones:

    3. Avanti

    6. 1965 Model Passenger Cars



    7. 1965 Model Truck

    We have a truck pretty well along that you can get in and out of, and we expect to get it finished by the week of the 8th.

    8. Police Cars

    A chat Mr. Egbert had with a policeman in the State of Washington

    Mr. Dredge commented that at the driving demonstration PR held at the proving grounds for the State Police, the officers found it hard to believe how well our short-wheelbase cars handle with the traction bars and sway bars on them.


    Even only FOUR Topics may be too much for this one Post to handle the comments on each!

    Recently on another Post Craig posted this Link to the old post with the "Lamberti Papers" info.


    http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...-(July-1-1963)
    Last edited by StudeRich; 10-30-2015, 05:29 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner




  • #2
    The '65 Passenger car proposal sounds intriguing. I wonder if the extra length was in wheelbase or overhang?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by qsanford View Post
      The '65 Passenger car proposal sounds intriguing. I wonder if the extra length was in wheelbase or overhang?
      Overhang: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...Concept-Design

      Craig

      Comment


      • #4
        The 1965 truck...are they referring to the flat sided, flat front cab-over engine model that resides in the Studebaker museum's basement?
        sigpic
        In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Milaca View Post
          The 1965 truck...are they referring to the flat sided, flat front cab-over engine model that resides in the Studebaker museum's basement?
          That would be my guess, but I do not remember hearing about a Van based on that same Flat metal design of the Cab forward Dodge or Ford Falcon/Econoline like Pickup Truck prototype that I sat in during the late Summer of 1966 at the Plant 8 Parts Warehouse and noticed the Tag on the steering wheel that said: "Steering components welded, do not Drive."
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner



          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
            That would be my guess, but I do not remember hearing about a Van based on that same Flat metal design of the Cab forward Dodge or Ford Falcon/Econoline like Pickup Truck prototype that I sat in during the late Summer of 1966 at the Plant 8 Parts Warehouse and noticed the Tag on the steering wheel that said: "Steering components welded, do not Drive."
            I read the van version went to Westinghouse for evaluation.

            Craig

            Comment


            • #7
              So the flat-front truck found in a barn a few years ago the same one? Was the steering still welded? Why would it have been welded in the first place?
              1963 Champ "Stu Bludebaker"- sometimes driver
              1957 Silver Hawk "Josie"- picking up the pieces after an unreliable body man let it rot for 11 years from an almost driver to a basket case
              1951 Land Cruiser "Bunnie Ketcher" only 47M miles!
              1951 Commander Starlight "Dale"- basket case
              1947 Champion "Sally"- basket case
              1941 Commander Land Cruiser "Ursula"- basket case

              Comment


              • #8

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by DougHolverson View Post
                  So the flat-front truck found in a barn a few years ago the same one? Was the steering still welded? Why would it have been welded in the first place?
                  I don't know if the Studebaker National Museum's Cabover truck came from a barn.

                  But it is quite obvious why the steering was welded, it was not mechanically complete because, for a "Design Study" to sell to Management you don't need to spend wasted time and money to make it drive, stop and turn, just so they can look at it.

                  Maybe they used RE Bars for tie rods, just to keep the wheels pointing the same way so you could push it around or very carefully drive it at idle, I don't know.
                  StudeRich
                  Second Generation Stude Driver,
                  Proud '54 Starliner Owner



                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X