SDC meet insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDC meet insurance

Our club is considering organizing an 'orphan' car show. Is SDC meet insurance something we should get? Does it cover such an event? As a planner I need to know for instance if a participant in a show I help organize injures a pedestrian or damages the venue or another participant's car am I and my club covered?

Go to the SDC home page - click on "resources" then click on "Meet Insurance Form"

Comment

The insurance does have a $1Mil liability limit. An SDC Chapter can get the insurance, for free, but I believe that it will only cover SDC members. In other words, if an SDC member or his Studebaker causes damage, that will be covered. If a non-SDC orphan participant damages a vehicle, SDC or otherwise, or an individual, SDC or otherwise, it would not be covered. You would need to buy your own policy for full coverage.
      This is my understanding of it. Check with the SDC Vice President for verification. Of course, I am assuming that what you refer to as "our Club" is a chartered chapter of SDC.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Keep in mind, all officers of that chapter MUST be current SDC members in good standing.
        The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Although every vintage car owner should have his/her own liability insurance, I highly recommend getting a copy of the SDC policy.
          I've done this many times for our Long Island Studebaker Club when we sponsor our annual Reunion Sunday and Orphan Car Show.
          What you need to do is print up the insurance form (as mentioned above). I always contact Jane Stinson (SDC Treasurer) to request her assistance. I needed to receive the SDC insurance as quickly as possible in order for us to firm up our chosen show date. She suggested, and it worked out great, that I take a photo of the form with my smart phone camera, then email the photo of the form to her. I had my SDC copy in only a few days. If you do it that way, I would suggest that you print the info on the request with a marker pen so that it will show up well when you take the picture. Of course, if time isn't crucial, you can always mail the form to Jane.
          Her email is jestinson@aol.com. You can find her info in the back of every Turning Wheels magazine.
          All the best.
          Rog
          '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
          Smithtown,NY
          Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Thank you for the information everyone. I have already emailed Jane and I await her reply. My only remaining question is whether or not the SDC insurance is valid in Canada.
            Our chapter, Buffalo Chapter is also a member of our provincial body, the Manitoba Association of Automobile Clubs. They offer insurance to member clubs at a reasonable rate. Also by law, all licensed vehicles here have liability insurance. Between the three sources I think we should be covered.
            Dennis Fenton, co-chair orphan car show planning committee

Comment

Working...
            X