Name:	DSCN2848.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	150.3 KB
ID:	1748923Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2841.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	156.2 KB
ID:	1748924
    We took a fall drive and attended a cruise in today. The weather was cool and cloudy, so the turn out wasn't that big. Out of a dozen or so cars we had 2 '54 Studebakers show up, pretty good percentage! That's Bob Layman's Starlight, my Starliner, my buddy Franks '31 Ford pickup, a '30 Ford sedan, my son in laws custom '52 Plymouth, a '55 Buick gasser, my buddy Dave's '71 Chevy pickup, and a Dodge dart. Several more rolled in later, but I didn't get pictures.
    Dwight 54 Commander hardtop

Great looking group of cars. I hate hearing about end of season stuff. Winter is to long everywhere.
    Mike
    Fort Worth, TX

1964 Avanti R2 #R-4986

Comment

Those all look good, but my favorite is the Starliner.

Comment

As fine as the two Studebakers are my eyes were quickly drawn to the Plymouth custom. Thanks for the pictures.

The end of the cruise-in season is a rather sad thing. For us in southeastern North Carolina it is especially so. The terrible heat all summer caused low turn outs and in some cases actual cancellations. Late in the summer continual rain was the final straw. If summer lasted a bit longer, with moderate weather it would be just fine with me.
        Joe Roberts
        '61 R1 Champ
        '65 Cruiser
        Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Great pictures. Sorry about the season's end. Just getting cool (80-90) enough here for the season to begin. Lots of shows here through April.
          Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom and '63 Avanti in Yuma, AZ
          https://www.jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection https://www.jimsrodshop.com/project/always-ahead

Comment

Originally posted by paintim613 View Post
            Great pictures. Sorry about the season's end. Just getting cool (80-90) enough here for the season to begin. Lots of shows here through April.
            Now you know why half of Western Canada lives in AZ for half the year!!

Craig

Comment

I live in central Alberta and I am still managing to get out every once in a while in the Lark. Unfortunately my Avanti is on the hoist awaiting repairs so it will be down until next summer.

We have had great weather for this time of year and haven't seen snow, yet or even much rain (which isn't really a good thing if you are a farmer)... Hoping to get out a couple of more times before I need to install the ice radials!

Comment

Working...
              X