2015 La Carrera Panamericana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 La Carrera Panamericana

My buddy Javier lives near Aquascalientes, Mexico which is usually on the race circuit. He has attended at least some of the stages for many years. He also owns several very fine and rare Studebakers. This video gives a little flavor for the race, but most importantly shows his beautifully restored 53 Hardtop for a few seconds around 1:36...

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Dick, that was a great video. I got a sense of what the venue looks like. The car mounted cameras presented an exhilarating viewing experience. I think I counted at least 6 Studebakers. They look fantastic coming around those corners at high speed. No wonder they are so popular in that race. Thanks for sharing this. It made my morning.
    Ed Sallia
    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

How about this ride along in a Studebaker. Be sure to go full screen and HD if you have a fast connection...

https://www.facebook.com/14302439371...1491545396326/
      Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

Comment

Yeeowzer! That'll get your blood pumping!
        Ed Sallia
        Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

How's come everything morphs behind that magic bush EXCEPT the Czech's big Bimmer?

Comment

It is wonderful to see big American sedans corner flat like a car really should. Yes, I know they are highly modified but it still looks cool. This event always reminds me of the international rally circuit back in the 1950's and '60's.
            Joe Roberts
            '61 R1 Champ
            '65 Cruiser
            Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Dick:

Thanks for posting..........really cool to see those 50's Studes and other American iron going thru the paces.

tempestan

Comment

Dang Dick. That was awesome. Now I'm starting to get some really cool ideas for the next paint scheme on the Coupe. Maybe even the Wagon in a La Carrera Panamericana paint scheme. OOOooooo, that would be nice.
                sals54

Comment

Two years ago I sold a 55 hardtop to a person from Mexico to build one for the race it might have been in this race.
                  Candbstudebakers
                  Castro Valley,
                  California

Comment

What's with the scoop on the roof?
                    My 1st car. "A TRANSTAR"

Starliner
                    sigpic
                    Somewhere between Culture and Agriculture
                    in the Geographic center of Tennessee

Comment

Thanks for posting Dick! I had no idea there were still so many Studes participating. Great stuff!!
                      Bill

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BobWaitz View Post

Another former Pan-Am champion from Chiapas, Jorge Pedrero (2010), driving a Turismo Production car (only 302 c.i., compared to 360 c.i. for the top class, Turismo Mayor) finished 4th overall, winning his class by a huge margin.
                          Dick Steinkamp
                          Bellingham, WA

Comment

I agree with Dick's recap, the only part of all that BLA, Bla bla, that matters.
                            StudeRich
                            Second Generation Stude Driver,
                            Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Haters gonna hate... I won't waste your time posting about the two times I raced down there because we were in Oldsmobiles.

Comment

Working...
                              X