Ebay parts non sense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay parts non sense

This subject has been addressed before but cant do the search. How does one on look for Studebaker parts with out the thousands of other junk. I've tried putting Studebaker Truck Parts only. And it come up with 14k of junk. I've tried 3 or titles to no avail. I have same problem with Hudson stuff. Just about quit looking for stuff on Ebay. A portion of the time it's entertainment. But if I spot something, then it becomes serious.
    Thanks in advance,
    Kim

Go to advanced search and enter Studebaker-fits and that weeds out a lot.You can also do a search for Studebaker N.O.S.

Robert Kapteyn

Comment

Yeah..... "Studebaker -fits -covers" seems to work for me.
      The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

eBay really, really needs to have a "block sellers" button. Or a "block this listing and all similar ones" button. I really doubt this would cost the spammers much business at all. People who are looking for the kind stuff they sell will find them, and people who are not won't buy from them at all.
        Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

I have followed a "1935 Studebaker" search for about a year and listed minus of many items. This morning there were 1,318 items with the first listing for a Ford tractor part. The narrative listed just about every word and number in the English language. I got this listing because the search was for "1935". Ebay, wake up. Ken, Deltaville Va

Comment

This is one I use often but then I sometimes add or subtract names'

studebaker, -ad, -MAGAZINE, -ADVERTISEMENT, -fits, -Catalog, -info, -pgs, -chevy, -chevrolet, -glass, -glasses, -information, -CHRYS, -DESOTO, -DODGE, -PLYMOUTH, -ford

Comment

Well, none of those combinations work for me. I am electronically challenged, but you folks laid it out to be simple and followed it exactly. What am I dong wrong? Used to be real simple. Listings got this before then it got fixed and was fun again. Can't take time to go through 15k listings in hopes of finding a part I could use.
              Help,
              Kim

Comment

studebaker trucks [space] -[no space]fits, -covers

Put a dash (minus sign) in front of any word you do not want in the item description. "Fits" eliminates a lot. You can also list unwanted vendors in the same way. No space between the minus sign and the term you don't want.
                Skip Lackie

Comment

Try putting your search in quotes like this "1935 Studebaker" that should work.
                  I'd rather be driving my Studebaker!

sigpic

Comment

If I'm looking for a 1950 Studebaker Champion to buy I'd list my search like this:

1950 Champion -(ad, picture, fits, rat, rod, parts)

If a lot of some other junk shows up then I'd just add the other word to the list, such as I could add "cover" to the list if a lot of car covers showed up.
                    I could also narrow the list by going to ADVANCED SEARCH and putting in a price range. I might list $500 to $6,000 if that was my top limit.

Comment

Thank you again. Knew I'd learn something here.
                      Kim

Comment

Working...
                      X