1964 Daytona

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1964 Daytona

How many 1964 Daytona 2 doors were produced? I have one that I bought for the engine and transmission but I think the car is to good to haul to the scrap yard. Anyone know of someone looking for one? Cheap! I am located in Mandan North Dakota. I really hate to haul it out for scrap.

Tim
    Attached Files

Those are the nicest looking 64 Daytonas, IMO.
    RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

17A-S2 - 50 Commander convertible
    10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
    10G-Q4 - 51 Champion business coupe
    4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
    5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon
    56B-D4 - 56 Commander station wagon
    60V-L6 - 60 Lark convertible

Comment

Man, someone should grab that. Way too good for scrap. Did you pull the motor\trans ?

Comment

I haven't yet but I am planning on it, 289 4 barrel and automatic transmission. I plan to put it into a champ pickup at some point

Comment

The trunk lid mouldings are hard to find.
          Skip Lackie

Comment

Originally posted by tim View Post
            How many 1964 Daytona 2 doors were produced? Tim
            2,414. Please don't junk that one; they're 'way too desirable. BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
            "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Does the engine have chrome valve covers? If it does, then does it have an oval badge on the side of the front fender? If it does, does it have a floor shifter for the automatic? If it does, then you may have a car MUCH more valuable than you think. Please check on these first.
              sals54

Comment

PM sent...
                Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Have you sold it iam looking for a 64 Daytona body any condition call me if you Haven,t sold it 905,921,6426,Raymond Wise thank you
                  rawise

Comment

Looks to be about a 400-500 mile journey for me (assuming that Fargo is midway between you and I). Any chance that you are headed towards Minnesota with a car trailer?
                    sigpic
                    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

This Daytona may have Power Disc Brakes and 11 Inch Finned Rear Drums for and peculiar to front Disc. Brakes, it also would have a Model 44 Axle and possibly Twin Traction, way too good of a Car to Part out though, very useable as is with an engine install and repairs. Even a 283, 327 350 GM Engine could easily be installed using '65/'66 Front Mounts etc.

It even has the rare DISHED headlight Doors!

Obviously this is not JUST a 2 Door, it's a 2 Dr. Hardtop, the Sportiest, nicest Body Type made.

How many did they made? Not nearly enough!
                      StudeRich
                      Second Generation Stude Driver,
                      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

The only one of that body more desirable is the convertible. If you were closer I'd grab it in a heartbeat!
                        59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
                        60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
                        61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
                        62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
                        62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
                        62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
                        63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
                        63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
                        64 Zip Van
                        66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
                        66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

The dished headlight surrounds were original South Bend production. Then, the second design with the sharp interior corner was installed on Hamilton '64 models and all '65. This later style was the one supplied as a replacement part since that time, so, over the years a lot of the early South Bend parts got replaced, making the dished style seemingly more rare. I've bought more than one '64 that had one of each style on it - but most people don't catch the difference unless it is pointed out.

Comment

No chrome valve covers, the badge on the fender just says v8 and no floor shifter, I may consider selling the car with the engine and transmission in it.

Comment

It also has the factory front disc brakes

Comment

Working...
                              X