X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• East coast car show

https://www.bostonglobe.com/lifestyl...2zM/story.html

Robert Kapteyn

I think Studebakers are more appreciated now, than when they were in business...

Comment

'Nice article, and much to learn from it, apparently...like the fact that the Avanti replaced the Hawk in Studebaker's lineup and was available with a 575 HP engine!

Adam also says only some 1950 and 1951 models had bullet noses...well, I suppose the trucks didn't!

Nice write-up anyway...better than most, and complimentary to our marque. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
      "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by 345 DeSoto View Post
        I think Studebakers are more appreciated now, than when they were in business...
        That may be. At a local cruise-in they served hot dogs and hamburgers. One of the the burgers was the Studebaker Burger. In reality I think that the uniqueness of Studebakers has made them more popular. Of course we have all heard enough folks tell us that their dad, uncle, grandfather etc. had a Studebaker to make us wonder how Studebaker ever has to stop producing cars and trucks.
        Joe Roberts
        '61 R1 Champ
        '65 Cruiser
        Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Originally posted by JRoberts View Post
          That may be. At a local cruise-in they served hot dogs and hamburgers. One of the the burgers was the Studebaker Burger. In reality I think that the uniqueness of Studebakers has made them more popular. Of course we have all heard enough folks tell us that their dad, uncle, grandfather etc. had a Studebaker to make us wonder how Studebaker ever had to stop producing cars and trucks.
          True, Joe. Keep in mind: The population of he United States was about 150,000,000 people in 1950. Studebaker sold well over a half-million 1950 and 1951 bullet nose cars to folks among those 150 million. By the time most of them were traded/resold several times during their lifetime, bullet-nose cars alone touched many families in the 1950s.

Even without subsequent models, we'd still be hearing about all the relatives that once owned even a bullet-nose Studebaker. BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
          "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
            True, Joe. Keep in mind: The population of he United States was about 150,000,000 people in 1950. Studebaker sold well over a half-million1950 and 1951 bullet nose cars to folks among those 150 million. By the time most of them were traded/resold several times during their lifetime, bullet-nose cars touched many families in the 1950s.

Even without subsequent models, we'd still be hearing about all the relatives that once owned even a bullet-nose Studebaker. BP
            Count our family as one!

I mentioned my mom's '50 Champion four door sedan here a few times.

Craig

Comment

Well, Bob you do have a point. I didn't think about the population to Studebaker count in '50-'51. My family too had Studebakers. My Grandfather had a '52 Champion, my Dad a '50 2R pickup, and Uncle with a '39 of some sort and then an uncle who had a few Larks ending with the '65 Cruiser I am now driving. I think the percentage of folks whose relatives had Studebakers would naturally be higher among folks who are presently Studebaker owners.
              Joe Roberts
              '61 R1 Champ
              '65 Cruiser
              Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Working...
              X