63 Super Lark on Ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 63 Super Lark on Ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201447231816?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2648&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

That R2 Lark was at York in 2013 and looks about the same except for some detailing under the hood. The asking price was $14,500. Not sure what it sold for but it did sell right away.

Here is the direct link:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/201447231816...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
    Last edited by studefan; 10-12-2015, 07:25 AM.

Comment

Not a Super Lark (column shift automatic, clock vs tachometer), but very interesting and nice car.
      sigpic
      Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
      '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

I saw that car at York also and it's very nice. I'd have to put the full wheel covers on it right away, but I see they're included with the car!

It was my understanding that a tach came with any R engine--my '63 Daytona serial no. 63V-5224 had one--but I remember seeing the production order for this red car and it said 'clock' on it, so someone specified it.

I'd be seriously considering this car if the money were available (sigh).
        Bill Pressler
        Kent, OH
        (formerly Greenville, PA)
        Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
        Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
        1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
        1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
        All are in Australia now

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Pressler View Post
          It was my understanding that a tach came with any R engine--my '63 Daytona serial no. 63V-5224 had one--but I remember seeing the production order for this red car and it said 'clock' on it, so someone specified it.
          Yes, the build sheet is posted here---> http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...-at-York-today

And a few more R2 Larks came with a clock instead of a tach: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...arks-Had-Tachs

Craig

Comment

My old '63 had the tach that was not the lettering/numerals that were on Avanti tachs. I was lucky I guess! My car's final assembly date was 9/28/62.
            Bill Pressler
            Kent, OH
            (formerly Greenville, PA)
            Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
            Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
            1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
            1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
            All are in Australia now

Comment

Well...finally...a great presentation. We see so many vehicles thrown out with poorly written ads. This is one that should cause folks to look closer. It is well photographed, and the verbiage written to awaken passion that might otherwise be lost on the uninformed. Obviously, this owner wants top dollar for his car and has taken the time to develop a worthwhile presentation.
              John Clary
              Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Looks like a nice car,.....but that automatic on the column and the term 'muscle car' really don't work well together.

Comment

Many, if not most, Plymouth Road Runners had column mounted automatics and bench seats...as did many Dodge Chargers and Coronets. You could certainly have bucket seats and floor shifters...you just had to pay for the option.
                  Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

Uh-oh; you know what! BP
                    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunslinger View Post
                      Many, if not most, Plymouth Road Runners had column mounted automatics and bench seats...as did many Dodge Chargers and Coronets. You could certainly have bucket seats and floor shifters...you just had to pay for the option.
                      I agree about Road Runners and column automatic. 1966-1967 Chargers only came with bucket seats in front (and the back in 1966) and floor shift automatic.
                      Remember, many of these cars were purchased by young, single guys who preferred the bench seat and column shift.
                      Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by Gunslinger View Post
                        Sure, I know that...............but this little Lark is CRYING for a four speed!! (IMHO)

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                          I agree about Road Runners and column automatic. 1966-1967 Chargers only came with bucket seats in front (and the back in 1966) and floor shift automatic.
                          Remember, many of these cars were purchased by young, single guys who preferred the bench seat and column shift.
                          I had both a '66 and '67 Charger before coming to my right mind and getting back to Avantis. My '66 had buckets and floor shift automatic...my '67 had the mother-in-law jump seat between the seats with a 4-speed floor shifter. I've seen many of the ramp back Chargers with column shifters. It depended on which engine or how it was optioned. Even some Plymouth Superbirds came with column shift as the base setup with automatics.
                          Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                            Uh-oh; you know what! BP
                            Without seeing the ad battery hold down is my guess.

Bob Miles
                            Tucson AZ

Comment

Originally posted by 6hk71400 View Post
                              Without seeing the ad battery hold down is my guess. Bob Miles Tucson AZ
                              BINGO, Bob; there ain't one! <GGG> BP
                              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                              "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
                              X