X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 41 Frank
    replied
    I don't know if I have a good answer for that Packabaker, all I can say is we'll wait and see what eveeryone comes up with next year. I know I will have a few tricks up my sleeve.

Frank J.van Doorn
    1962 GT Hawk 4 speed
    1963 Daytona Conv
    1941 Champion R-2 Rod

Leave a comment:

• 41 Frank
    replied
    I don't know if I have a good answer for that Packabaker, all I can say is we'll wait and see what eveeryone comes up with next year. I know I will have a few tricks up my sleeve.

Frank J.van Doorn
    1962 GT Hawk 4 speed
    1963 Daytona Conv
    1941 Champion R-2 Rod

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

What a meet!!! And frankly, I don't care who beat who at the strip, it was a trip - just to watch Studebakers go fast.
    I, for one, DO care who beat who! I surreptitiously observed the Drags, gathering undercover intelligence, and stole everyones' speed secrets, so that I can integrate them into my 289 project! Only fair to warn you. [}]

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

What a meet!!! And frankly, I don't care who beat who at the strip, it was a trip - just to watch Studebakers go fast.
    I, for one, DO care who beat who! I surreptitiously observed the Drags, gathering undercover intelligence, and stole everyones' speed secrets, so that I can integrate them into my 289 project! Only fair to warn you. [}]

Leave a comment:

• Anne F. Goodman
    replied
    Made it home.

Mabel 1949 Champion
    1957 Silverhawk
    1955 Champion
    1958 Transtar

Leave a comment:

• Anne F. Goodman
    replied
    Made it home.

Mabel 1949 Champion
    1957 Silverhawk
    1955 Champion
    1958 Transtar

Leave a comment:

• wayne
    replied
    Left Omaha friday morning in 51 Commmander drove over 500 miles to the Newport hill climb! Entered in compition got 1st place and drove home. Drove over 1250 miles with no trouble at all. Not bad for a car that has never been overhauled. I have always been amazed at how tuff these Studes are. I deffently did not baby it and it just runs better all the time. I would like to thank the host on a great show we really had a great time and met a lot of nice people.

Leave a comment:

• wayne
    replied
    Left Omaha friday morning in 51 Commmander drove over 500 miles to the Newport hill climb! Entered in compition got 1st place and drove home. Drove over 1250 miles with no trouble at all. Not bad for a car that has never been overhauled. I have always been amazed at how tuff these Studes are. I deffently did not baby it and it just runs better all the time. I would like to thank the host on a great show we really had a great time and met a lot of nice people.

Leave a comment:

• 60Lark
    replied
    I left Omaha at 7:30 AM and pulled into my drive at 3:00 PM. spent some time cleaning bugs and unpacking and then collapsed, my feet were very pleased with the latter.
    I had a great time this week, plus was able to place faces with names for many of you.
    I too want to give congrats to the Husker Chapter, they did an excellent job, and Frank, even though you were pulling your hair out trying to find places to put all of those studes, rest assured, you did a fantastic job! I also want to thank you for making the arrangements for the track, I enjoyed watching the studebakers run, especially getting to see Ted race your 41

Studebaker Fever
    60 Lark
    51 Champion
    Phil
    Arnold, Missouri

Leave a comment:

• 60Lark
    replied
    I left Omaha at 7:30 AM and pulled into my drive at 3:00 PM. spent some time cleaning bugs and unpacking and then collapsed, my feet were very pleased with the latter.
    I had a great time this week, plus was able to place faces with names for many of you.
    I too want to give congrats to the Husker Chapter, they did an excellent job, and Frank, even though you were pulling your hair out trying to find places to put all of those studes, rest assured, you did a fantastic job! I also want to thank you for making the arrangements for the track, I enjoyed watching the studebakers run, especially getting to see Ted race your 41

Studebaker Fever
    60 Lark
    51 Champion
    Phil
    Arnold, Missouri

Leave a comment:

• 41 Frank
    replied
    That is what it is all about, having fun, I know I had fun and I had to work the meet and enjoyed every minute of it. Renewed friendships and made many new ones. Went to two carshows today ( no I did not participate) other then that we just vegetated.Rick Courtier has his replacement tranny installed so will make it home ok I suppose.He had one with him.Not everybody carries a spare tranny.

Leave a comment:

• 41 Frank
    replied
    That is what it is all about, having fun, I know I had fun and I had to work the meet and enjoyed every minute of it. Renewed friendships and made many new ones. Went to two carshows today ( no I did not participate) other then that we just vegetated.Rick Courtier has his replacement tranny installed so will make it home ok I suppose.He had one with him.Not everybody carries a spare tranny.

Leave a comment:

• Roscomacaw
    replied
    What a meet!!! And frankly, I don't care who beat who at the strip, it was a trip - just to watch Studebakers go fast. Heck, even the Shevie-powered ones![]

Frank, kudos to you for arranging the track's use and kudos to those who put on the whole meet. It just doesn't get any better'n that![^]

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

Leave a comment:

• Roscomacaw
    replied
    What a meet!!! And frankly, I don't care who beat who at the strip, it was a trip - just to watch Studebakers go fast. Heck, even the Shevie-powered ones![]

Frank, kudos to you for arranging the track's use and kudos to those who put on the whole meet. It just doesn't get any better'n that![^]

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    [8D][8D]

GREAT SHOW INDEED, FRANK
    Congratulations to all involved. It was a great week. The meet's execution was superb.

Double-check The Omaha Room to be sure no one finally found it after the meet and now can't find their way back to the lobby to leave the hotel! [][}][][}] (That's not an inside joke, folks; half the people there couldn't find it, either!) BP

Leave a comment:

Working...
X