• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BobPalma
    replied
    [8D][8D]

GREAT SHOW INDEED, FRANK
    Congratulations to all involved. It was a great week. The meet's execution was superb.

Double-check The Omaha Room to be sure no one finally found it after the meet and now can't find their way back to the lobby to leave the hotel! [][}][][}] (That's not an inside joke, folks; half the people there couldn't find it, either!) BP

Leave a comment:

• 41 Frank
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by Skip Lackie

quote:Originally posted by 41 Frank

Enjoyed meeting you guys ( all of you) and once again thanks for all the compliments, that made it all worthwhile. This meet was 3 years in the making.
    Frank - my compliments to your chapter, all your volunteers, and the staff at the Holiday Inn. It was great and certainly worth the trip.
    Skip Lackie
    Thanks Skip,the accolades are certainly appreciated and after a leisurely weekend we will go back to our routines.

Leave a comment:

• 41 Frank
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by Skip Lackie

Enjoyed meeting you guys ( all of you) and once again thanks for all the compliments, that made it all worthwhile. This meet was 3 years in the making.
    Frank - my compliments to your chapter, all your volunteers, and the staff at the Holiday Inn. It was great and certainly worth the trip.
    Skip Lackie
    Thanks Skip,the accolades are certainly appreciated and after a leisurely weekend we will go back to our routines.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff_H
    replied
    I left the meet lot about 9:30am saturday and got home just before 5pm. I ran into Gary Olsen with his transtar car hauler and '64 R2 Daytona a couple times along the way. He was having fuel pump troubles near Souix City but had a extra pump to swap out. The bad pump was leaking oil all over the underside of his freshly detailed truck

Jeff in ND

'53 Champion Hardtop

Leave a comment:

• Jeff_H
    replied
    I left the meet lot about 9:30am saturday and got home just before 5pm. I ran into Gary Olsen with his transtar car hauler and '64 R2 Daytona a couple times along the way. He was having fuel pump troubles near Souix City but had a extra pump to swap out. The bad pump was leaking oil all over the underside of his freshly detailed truck

Jeff in ND

'53 Champion Hardtop

Leave a comment:

• Skip Lackie
    replied

Skip Lackie

Leave a comment:

• Skip Lackie
    replied

Skip Lackie

Leave a comment:

• bondobilly
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by railway

I also made it home safe and tired to the bone.
    Put over 2600 miles on the 62 Gt without any trouble, except for running out of gas a few miles from Studedude house. Dave to the resuse.
    It was neat seeing you again, last time was a while back.

Bill

Proud owner of the Hawk from Hell

Leave a comment:

• bondobilly
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by railway

I also made it home safe and tired to the bone.
    Put over 2600 miles on the 62 Gt without any trouble, except for running out of gas a few miles from Studedude house. Dave to the resuse.
    It was neat seeing you again, last time was a while back.

Bill

Proud owner of the Hawk from Hell

Leave a comment:

• 41 Frank
    replied
    Yeah Dave I was also having problems with the 41, it was getting a little too warm making all those runs. Dick did ok too for the rear gear he runs (3.07?) Don't know what was wrong with Micheal Meyer's 63 Avanti R-3, I should not have been able to clean his clock.Anybody hear anything about that? Enjoyed meeting you guys ( all of you) and once again thanks for all the compliments, that made it all worthwhile. This meet was 3 years in the making. Bob Palma on the way back from the track separated Ted's and my time slips and in the next few days I will post them so we can all see his reaction times and 60' times. Might have to look around for a 4.56 gear for next year. Think I could get well into the 13's in the quarter.

Leave a comment:

• 41 Frank
    replied
    Yeah Dave I was also having problems with the 41, it was getting a little too warm making all those runs. Dick did ok too for the rear gear he runs (3.07?) Don't know what was wrong with Micheal Meyer's 63 Avanti R-3, I should not have been able to clean his clock.Anybody hear anything about that? Enjoyed meeting you guys ( all of you) and once again thanks for all the compliments, that made it all worthwhile. This meet was 3 years in the making. Bob Palma on the way back from the track separated Ted's and my time slips and in the next few days I will post them so we can all see his reaction times and 60' times. Might have to look around for a 4.56 gear for next year. Think I could get well into the 13's in the quarter.

Leave a comment:

• railway
    replied
    Yep, Dad did great. I was a little worried when we left, didn't know how well he would travel. He even push me to go farther Friday night on the way back. He's a trooper.
    Ebon...

Ebon...
    [img] http://jnautoair.com/images/logo2-3.jpg [/img]

Leave a comment:

• railway
    replied
    Yep, Dad did great. I was a little worried when we left, didn't know how well he would travel. He even push me to go farther Friday night on the way back. He's a trooper.
    Ebon...

Ebon...
    [img] http://jnautoair.com/images/logo2-3.jpg [/img]

Leave a comment:

• Dick Steinkamp
    replied
    A great time for sure . As Dave has said "it's much more about the people than about the cars". So true.

I was kind of (kind of) honored when Ted Harbit ate my lunch driving Franks beautiful R2 powered Champion (can you believe he had the nerve to cut a .045 light against my poor little Chevy powered Stude?...actually, John Force would kill for such a reaction time, but Ted is generally gone less than 5 one hundreds of a second after the light turns green [:0]...Based on my reaction time, I must have been busy trying to find a soft rock station on the radio when Ted left on me )

...but quite unhappy with both Dave and Frank, for also cleaning my clock at the drag strip [xx(]. (and I thought they were friends [V])

Much fun at the drags! Thanks for organizing that, Frank, and for all your work to make the concours so successful.

We're in Laramie, WY, tonight. Probably Twin Falls, ID, tomorrow night. We'll get Jim home in Eastern Washington Monday night...and I'll be home by noon on Tuesday with any luck.

A fantastic week!

Leave a comment:

• Dick Steinkamp
    replied
    A great time for sure . As Dave has said "it's much more about the people than about the cars". So true.

I was kind of (kind of) honored when Ted Harbit ate my lunch driving Franks beautiful R2 powered Champion (can you believe he had the nerve to cut a .045 light against my poor little Chevy powered Stude?...actually, John Force would kill for such a reaction time, but Ted is generally gone less than 5 one hundreds of a second after the light turns green [:0]...Based on my reaction time, I must have been busy trying to find a soft rock station on the radio when Ted left on me )

...but quite unhappy with both Dave and Frank, for also cleaning my clock at the drag strip [xx(]. (and I thought they were friends [V])

Much fun at the drags! Thanks for organizing that, Frank, and for all your work to make the concours so successful.

We're in Laramie, WY, tonight. Probably Twin Falls, ID, tomorrow night. We'll get Jim home in Eastern Washington Monday night...and I'll be home by noon on Tuesday with any luck.

A fantastic week!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X