This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quote:Originally posted by 41 Frank

Enjoyed meeting you guys ( all of you) and once again thanks for all the compliments, that made it all worthwhile. This meet was 3 years in the making.
    Frank - my compliments to your chapter, all your volunteers, and the staff at the Holiday Inn. It was great and certainly worth the trip.
    Skip Lackie
    Skip Lackie

Comment

Enjoyed meeting you guys ( all of you) and once again thanks for all the compliments, that made it all worthwhile. This meet was 3 years in the making.
      Frank - my compliments to your chapter, all your volunteers, and the staff at the Holiday Inn. It was great and certainly worth the trip.
      Skip Lackie
      Skip Lackie

Comment

I left the meet lot about 9:30am saturday and got home just before 5pm. I ran into Gary Olsen with his transtar car hauler and '64 R2 Daytona a couple times along the way. He was having fuel pump troubles near Souix City but had a extra pump to swap out. The bad pump was leaking oil all over the underside of his freshly detailed truck

Jeff in ND

'53 Champion Hardtop

Jeff in ND

Comment

I left the meet lot about 9:30am saturday and got home just before 5pm. I ran into Gary Olsen with his transtar car hauler and '64 R2 Daytona a couple times along the way. He was having fuel pump troubles near Souix City but had a extra pump to swap out. The bad pump was leaking oil all over the underside of his freshly detailed truck

Jeff in ND

'53 Champion Hardtop

Jeff in ND

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Skip Lackie

Skip Lackie
            Thanks Skip,the accolades are certainly appreciated and after a leisurely weekend we will go back to our routines.
            Frank van Doorn
            Omaha, Ne.
            1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
            1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
            1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Skip Lackie

Skip Lackie
              Thanks Skip,the accolades are certainly appreciated and after a leisurely weekend we will go back to our routines.
              Frank van Doorn
              Omaha, Ne.
              1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed

Comment

[8D][8D]

GREAT SHOW INDEED, FRANK
                Congratulations to all involved. It was a great week. The meet's execution was superb.

Double-check The Omaha Room to be sure no one finally found it after the meet and now can't find their way back to the lobby to leave the hotel! [][}][][}] (That's not an inside joke, folks; half the people there couldn't find it, either!) BP
                We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

[8D][8D]

GREAT SHOW INDEED, FRANK
                  Congratulations to all involved. It was a great week. The meet's execution was superb.

Double-check The Omaha Room to be sure no one finally found it after the meet and now can't find their way back to the lobby to leave the hotel! [][}][][}] (That's not an inside joke, folks; half the people there couldn't find it, either!) BP
                  We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                  "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

What a meet!!! And frankly, I don't care who beat who at the strip, it was a trip - just to watch Studebakers go fast. Heck, even the Shevie-powered ones![]

Frank, kudos to you for arranging the track's use and kudos to those who put on the whole meet. It just doesn't get any better'n that![^]

Miscreant adrift in
                    the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                    1960 Larkvertible V8
                    1958 Provincial wagon
                    1953 Commander coupe
                    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

What a meet!!! And frankly, I don't care who beat who at the strip, it was a trip - just to watch Studebakers go fast. Heck, even the Shevie-powered ones![]

Frank, kudos to you for arranging the track's use and kudos to those who put on the whole meet. It just doesn't get any better'n that![^]

Miscreant adrift in
                      the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                      1960 Larkvertible V8
                      1958 Provincial wagon
                      1953 Commander coupe
                      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

That is what it is all about, having fun, I know I had fun and I had to work the meet and enjoyed every minute of it. Renewed friendships and made many new ones. Went to two carshows today ( no I did not participate) other then that we just vegetated.Rick Courtier has his replacement tranny installed so will make it home ok I suppose.He had one with him.Not everybody carries a spare tranny.
                        Frank van Doorn
                        Omaha, Ne.
                        1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed

Comment

That is what it is all about, having fun, I know I had fun and I had to work the meet and enjoyed every minute of it. Renewed friendships and made many new ones. Went to two carshows today ( no I did not participate) other then that we just vegetated.Rick Courtier has his replacement tranny installed so will make it home ok I suppose.He had one with him.Not everybody carries a spare tranny.
                          Frank van Doorn
                          Omaha, Ne.
                          1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed

Comment

I left Omaha at 7:30 AM and pulled into my drive at 3:00 PM. spent some time cleaning bugs and unpacking and then collapsed, my feet were very pleased with the latter.
                            I had a great time this week, plus was able to place faces with names for many of you.
                            I too want to give congrats to the Husker Chapter, they did an excellent job, and Frank, even though you were pulling your hair out trying to find places to put all of those studes, rest assured, you did a fantastic job! I also want to thank you for making the arrangements for the track, I enjoyed watching the studebakers run, especially getting to see Ted race your 41

Studebaker Fever
                            60 Lark
                            51 Champion
                            Phil
                            Arnold, Missouri

Studebaker Fever
                            60 Lark
                            56 Power Hawk
                            Phil Hendrickson
                            Arnold, Missouri

Comment

I left Omaha at 7:30 AM and pulled into my drive at 3:00 PM. spent some time cleaning bugs and unpacking and then collapsed, my feet were very pleased with the latter.
                              I had a great time this week, plus was able to place faces with names for many of you.
                              I too want to give congrats to the Husker Chapter, they did an excellent job, and Frank, even though you were pulling your hair out trying to find places to put all of those studes, rest assured, you did a fantastic job! I also want to thank you for making the arrangements for the track, I enjoyed watching the studebakers run, especially getting to see Ted race your 41

Studebaker Fever
                              60 Lark
                              51 Champion
                              Phil
                              Arnold, Missouri

Studebaker Fever
                              60 Lark
                              56 Power Hawk
                              Phil Hendrickson
                              Arnold, Missouri

Comment

Left Omaha friday morning in 51 Commmander drove over 500 miles to the Newport hill climb! Entered in compition got 1st place and drove home. Drove over 1250 miles with no trouble at all. Not bad for a car that has never been overhauled. I have always been amazed at how tuff these Studes are. I deffently did not baby it and it just runs better all the time. I would like to thank the host on a great show we really had a great time and met a lot of nice people.

Comment

Working...
                                X