X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $99K 1957 GH @ Bonham's 2015 Philly Sale

Yowzers! Report here:

http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2...ia/?refer=news

Yes, it is painted like a 1957 Golden Hawk 400, but it is not one. 'Way too low a serial number...and they don't claim it is anyway, so no foul there.

Nice car all around, but I'd sure want a Group 24 battery to keep that positive post as far from the hood underside as possible. Not that it is going anywhere, since it has a proper battery hold-down! BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Pretty crazy stuff, huh?
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Saw the car on Hemmings.....Nice price, but not to be picky....Is that dash pad restored to factory specs?

Comment

Was that a Golden Hawk 400?
        Bez Auto Alchemy
        573-318-8948
        http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by bezhawk View Post
          Was that a Golden Hawk 400?
          No, Brad; see my OP. The Serial Number is in the Bonham's description of the car and it is 'way too low for a GH400. BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
          "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

They guy in Louisville who has been asking $250,000 for his Golden Hawk for the past 3+ years is probably getting excited.
            Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

I did not see mention of it being a 400 clone but it clearly is. It's got the White Dash, also they they did not mention if it has a Leather Interior which it may.

That's a pretty neat Top radiator hose they made out of 2.
              Last edited by StudeRich; 10-07-2015, 11:46 AM.
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

The only ad I've seen for the 400 is Astra White with red trim. I'm pretty sure Bob has researched them all. Were they available, or produced, in all Hawk colors?

Click image for larger version

Name:	57 golden hawk 400a.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	1700743 I think the white is charming; especially with the blond accessory.
                "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                '33 Rockne 10,
                '51 Commander Starlight,
                '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
                '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
                  The only ad I've seen for the 400 is Astra White with red trim. I'm pretty sure Bob has researched them all. Were they available, or produced, in all Hawk colors?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]48258[/ATTACH] I think the white is charming; especially with the blond accessory.
                  Yep, Brad; 400s were available in 'pretty much any standard 1957 colors. They were produced in a variety of colors.

Ten pre-production show cars were built February 12 and 13, 1957. Eight of them were Tiara Gold and Arctic White; two of them were solid Tiara Gold.

The 41 regular-production 400s included various combinations of six colors: Tiara Gold, Arctic White, Midnight Black, Coppertone, Inca Cream, and Apache Red. Other colors were available; just not ordered. Two cars were the "brochure" color of Arctic White with Apache Red accents. Only one was Coppertone, and it had Arctic White accents.

The color of the next-to-last 400 built is unknown. It was shipped to South River New Jersey and there is no Production Order notation as to its color. BP

Ayn Rand:

Comment

I did reply on the Hemmings site, primarily to correct errors that were previously posted.
                    Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Darn.........I would have thought his girlfriend would cause his excitement?
                      Originally posted by Guido View Post
                      They guy in Louisville who has been asking $250,000 for his Golden Hawk for the past 3+ years is probably getting excited.

Comment

Working...
                      X