My first Studebaker joyride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first Studebaker joyride

My dad got one of the 1950's running, so my husband and I loaded up the kids and drove up on Sunday morning. The kids were almost as excited as the adults. We all piled in and rode a few laps around the property. Not one piece of glass in the car, so the kids squealing brought the neighbors out for a peek.

This experience struck a nerve with my dad. He's grown an insatiable hunger for parts since then. He had me compile a Christmas wishlist. When I was done, it was four and a half pages long. Sent it in to Stephen Allen's first, but I think they have less than half of what he's looking for. They might put me in touch with someone else for some of the remainder, though. They're really great people.

Shay

Expert Daddy's Girl
    Louisiana
    1950 Commander

Sounds like fun!

I'll second that as far as your comments to Stephen Allen's. A fantastic bunch of Stude nuts, for sure. We get most of our parts from them. Great folks to deal with! [^]

Matthew Burnette
    '59 Scotsman
    '63 Daytona
    Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Sounds like fun!

I'll second that as far as your comments to Stephen Allen's. A fantastic bunch of Stude nuts, for sure. We get most of our parts from them. Great folks to deal with! [^]

Matthew Burnette
      '59 Scotsman
      '63 Daytona
      Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Reminds me of when we first got my son's 51 starlight running. He was 14. I turned him loose in a cow pasture and let him go. It had some glass but no brakes. That was 21 years ago but he still has the car.{ see MBStude for pictures} NT

Neil Thornton
        Hazlehurst, GA
        '57 Silver Hawk
        '56 Sky Hawk
        '51 2R16 dump truck
        Many others.

Neil Thornton

Comment

Reminds me of when we first got my son's 51 starlight running. He was 14. I turned him loose in a cow pasture and let him go. It had some glass but no brakes. That was 21 years ago but he still has the car.{ see MBStude for pictures} NT

Neil Thornton
          Hazlehurst, GA
          '57 Silver Hawk
          '56 Sky Hawk
          '51 2R16 dump truck
          Many others.

Neil Thornton

Comment

Looks as though I've been called upon... [)]

Here's my uncle's '51 in 1988 shortly after it was dragged home and a coat of primer applied.

And here it is now.

Matthew Burnette
            '59 Scotsman
            '63 Daytona
            Hazlehurst, GA

Hey, It's a Drivers' Club!

Comment

Looks as though I've been called upon... [)]

Here's my uncle's '51 in 1988 shortly after it was dragged home and a coat of primer applied.

And here it is now.

Matthew Burnette
              '59 Scotsman
              '63 Daytona
              Hazlehurst, GA

Hey, It's a Drivers' Club!

Comment

quote:And here it is now.
                My '51 is Sahara Sand and my friends tell me it is yellow...If they only knew!

Brad Johnson
                Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
                "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

quote:And here it is now.
                  My '51 is Sahara Sand and my friends tell me it is yellow...If they only knew!

Brad Johnson
                  Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                  '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
                  "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                  Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                  sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

quote:Originally posted by shugnshay

They might put me in touch with someone else for some of the remainder, though. They're really great people.
                    Might I recommend Studebakers Northwest to you? These are some great guys, knowledgeable and here for us! There are plenty of good sources for whatever you need, just ask[^]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                    Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

quote:Originally posted by shugnshay

They might put me in touch with someone else for some of the remainder, though. They're really great people.
                      Might I recommend Studebakers Northwest to you? These are some great guys, knowledgeable and here for us! There are plenty of good sources for whatever you need, just ask[^]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                      Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Working...
                      X