Today is Drive Your Studebaker Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today is Drive Your Studebaker Day

Today is the day all around the world. Download, print and place the IDYSD window card in your Studebaker and go for a ride!
    sigpic
    Bob Shaw
    Rush City, Minnesota
    1960 Hawk - www.northstarstudebakers.com
    "The farther I go, the behinder I get."

A shout-out to the Ocean Bay Chapter SDC and member Dennis Luukko for the great article in the Boston Globe. Check it out HERE. Fantastic publicity for Studebakers!
    sigpic
    Bob Shaw
    Rush City, Minnesota
    1960 Hawk - www.northstarstudebakers.com
    "The farther I go, the behinder I get."

Comment

It's raining here in south Ga. today but Josh and I got the Silverhawk out in the rain and went to Hardee's for breakfast anyhow.
      Neil Thornton

Comment

Awoke to a stunningly gorgeous day here in the Okanagan of British Columbia. My wife and I are heading to the historic Quilchina Inn (1908) in our Avanti to indulge in a great dinner and evening in this old hotel to celebrate our 21st anniversary. Hopefully I'll be able to post a pic of our car and the hotel. Everyone, enjoy your IDYSD.
        Cheers,
        Bill

Comment

We will take our Daytona out this afternoon to a dinner hosted by a local cruiser club member who hosts a dinner every year . Looking forward to the run and of coarse the meal !
          sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Thanks for the sign. We did get our 1949 2R5 truck out. After having been stored since 1988 its revival began in mid 2013. We made a first drive earlier this year then put it back on blocks for rear hub work. I got those resolved last night so was able to get it out this morning. The sign looks good, and the neighbors are impressed, but what a pain! I see many more months of work to get this to be a useable truck. It is definitely not fun to drive now, but I will eventually get it. Luckily I have a 1950 GMC that for many years has been a pleasure to drive, so I recognize how nicely my 2R5 will drive once I get it to the same state of repair that my GMC is at. Being now able to drive it out of the garage is a good step in that direction.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DYS Day 2015 small 002.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	135.8 KB
ID:	1700248

Comment

I drove my 64 GT Hawk in the rain....
              64 GT Hawk (K7)
              1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

I was invited to address a local church men's group this morning about my experiences at Studebaker and I pretended my Chrysler was a Studebaker. That was because I'm between Studebakers at the moment.

Stu Chapman

Comment

I was able to pick up my Studebaker at the mechanic's shop. Drove the owner's brother home and then headed home. Car has been in the shop 3 months. When I got home some of my neighbors came out to welcome it home!!!
                  1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

DANG! Yet another year when all of mine are down.
                    Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                    Ron Smith
                    Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Kato in his 62 GT and I in my 55 did a show this morning and we're doing another one 20 minutes away, this evening. Drive, drive, drive. Click image for larger version

Name:	001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	118.4 KB
ID:	1700249
                      Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

The North Star Chapter did a mini car show at the VA home in Minneapolis. It was a beautiful, crystal clear morning (46 on my deck). We arrived at 9:30, set up outside the main entrance, and entertained the vets until noon. Afterwards we meandered our way to the Rail Station restaurant for lunch then scattered to our respective homes.

Attending were David & Karen Hall (41 Champion Coupe), Bob Krowech (57 Golden Hawk), Bob Waitz (47 M5), Bob Bay (64 R1 GT Hawk), Wayne Lamm (Golden Hawk), Bob Byers (53 Champion), and Jim & Fern Gieselman (53 Commander).

Comment

Went to our Club picnic was a good time.
                          Thanks Michiana Chapter
                          sigpic

Comment

Went to a car show with my M , Was also a hawk at show, seems we two get to see each other once a year at this show!
                            Randy Wilkin
                            1946 M5 Streetrod
                            Hillsboro,Ohio 45133

Comment

I couldn't drive Josephine today because yesterday I went for a circa 120 km drive (& even annoyed a modern Mercedes by racing him a bit) & when I came home I noticed my left front wheel wasn't rolling easy...
                              & today/this morning I discovered the bearing was scrap!
                              Monday soon...

Comment

Working...
                              X