No announcement yet.

Today is Drive Your Studebaker Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spent 5 hours in a Studebaker boneyard looking at the cars thinking how nice it must have been when they were still on the road.
    Not sure that counts
    Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

The Los Angeles chapter met with the Beach Cities Orange and Inland Empire chapter as we have for the past 4 or 5 years. Between both chapters we had about 30 Studebakers of all years and we all had a great time!
      Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
      '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
      '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
      '62 GT Hawk (4 speed, A/C, Power steering - running and DRIVING!)

Comment

I took my wife out to a Coco's nearby for lunch in the 62 Champ. I tried to get ahold of a friend to join us in his 62 Cruiser but I guess we played phone tag instead.

I've noticed for some time now that there is no mention of meetings for the Inland Empire or Beach Cities chapters in Turning Wheels. It's too bad I didn't know of the group meeting Howard, otherwise I could have made arrangements to meet y'all.
        59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
        60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
        61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
        62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
        62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
        62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
        63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
        63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
        64 Zip Van
        66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
        66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Originally posted by ddub View Post
          We had 13 show up for our gathering at McDonalds, 10 Studes, 2 Packards and a 40 Ford who saw us parked with us.
          We had an absolute FABULOUS time, great people and cars.
          Don Watson
          61 Hawk

Comment

My brother and I had our Studes in Branson for the Orphan car Show. Lots of our members and other folks.
            It is so nice to hit a stretch with a passing lane and watch the late model cars try to pass me in this Commander.
            Attached Files
            "In the heart of Arkansas."
            Searcy, Arkansas
            1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
            1952 2R pickup

Comment

The Tri-Spokes Chapter had our monthly meeting at the Kiwanis club car show in Concord New
              Hampshire which this year happened to fall on IDYSD. The chapter has supported the show for
              over 25 years and they give us our own parking area and we are allowed to arrange parking any
              way we wish. We had 27 Studebakers, the oldest being a 1916 bus. A great time was had by all.

Comment

The skies were filled with smoke but we got five Studes together for a run up to Williams California where we met up with 2 more.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2015_13.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	1700258 Click image for larger version

Name:	2015_2.jpg
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	1700259 Click image for larger version

Name:	2015_12.jpg
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	1700260
                Jon Stalnaker
                Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Name:	100_6246.jpg
Size:	148.2 KB
ID:	1700261Click image for larger version

Name:	100_6224.jpg
Size:	164.5 KB
ID:	1700262Click image for larger version

Name:	100_6245.jpg
Size:	117.7 KB
ID:	1700263
                  The Iowa Hawkeye Chapter met up in Coralville, Ia for lunch. After lunch we met up with the Big 6 River Bend Chapter at the Antique Car Museum of Iowa. 17 cars in total.
                  sigpic

Comment

My Wagonaire is still in my shop but I drove the wife's hawk all day. We live in a small town so folks here are use to seeing a Studebaker running around but I made a couple of trips to surrounding towns and the Hawk did, as usual, attract a lot of attention and conversation every where I stopped.Click image for larger version

Name:	Sallys Hawk.jpg
Size:	191.4 KB
ID:	1700264

Comment

Name:	DSCN2585.jpg
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	1700267Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2589.jpg
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	1700268
                      The Mohawk Chapter has a gathering planned for 2:00 at Guptils arena on rt. 9 Latham NY. With rain forecasted for the afternoon it's kind of a wait and see deal. I took my '54 out to gas up and get ready, and ran into this! Evidently the rain didn't know it wasn't supposed to arrive until later! Anyway, I got to test the wipers and defroster, they were up to the job.
                      Update, just checked with Ken Hayes, it's a go for this afternoon.
                      Last edited by 1954khardtop; 09-13-2015, 09:32 AM.
                      Dwight 54 Commander hardtop

Comment

The Northwest Chapter went on the second annual Portland Volcano Tour but we went off on our own to the WAAAM in Hood River, Oregon. They were having their annual vintage airplane fly-in plus they have a great museum filled with planes and automobiles. It is about a 200 mile round trip but the '55 never complained. The WAAAM needs to be on everybody's bucket list. We had a great time with friends. Even had a co-worked and her boyfriend fly their plane in from Hillsboro, Oregon to join us.
                        Ed Sallia
                        Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

I spent Friday fitting and installing my carpet, then installing the doors and finally the front seat with the seat belts - it was a long day. Saturday (yesterday) I made a test drive to my neighbor's house (about 1/2 mile) for the annual gearhead barbecue, some younger guys, but a surprising number with grey hair, tuner types, primarily Mazda RX-7s, with a few Nissans and BMWs, but only one Studebaker. The young lady in the one photo is a serious gearhead, works as a mechanic for the local Audi dealer, drives a 240SX with a Skyline motor she installed herself.

I still have plenty of work to do on the various details, but now it looks pretty much like a Studebaker.

Name:	9-11 barbecue 1.jpg
Size:	150.6 KB
ID:	1700269 Click image for larger version

Name:	9-11 4.jpg
Size:	157.3 KB
ID:	1700270 Click image for larger version

Name:	9-11 5.jpg
Size:	115.8 KB
ID:	1700271 Click image for larger version

Name:	9-11 6.jpg
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	1700272 Click image for larger version

Name:	9-11 2.jpg
Size:	108.1 KB
ID:	1700273Click image for larger version

Name:	9-11 3.jpg
Size:	132.6 KB
ID:	1700274
                          Trying to build a 48 Studebaker for the 21st century.
                          See more of my projects at stilettoman.info

Comment

Rain poured down in buckets all day yesterday but, I tried to make up for it today. Had all three on the road to somewhere.

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...629#post943629
                            "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                            sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

A few of us got together for lunch in New Lenox Illinois.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Rained all day yesterday. Was planning to take the '64 out for a run as I was scheduled to swap cars from one garage to another. I finally did manage the switch today. My '37 Olds was rained on but my '64 stayed dry. Short drive but enjoyable. If you buy Steve Grant"s Studebaker calendar you can see a picture of my '55 taken between rain showers at last years IDYSD. Seems I caught the rain both years.
                                sigpic
                                55 President Deluxe
                                64 Commander
                                66 Cruiser

37 Oldsmobile F37 4 Door

Comment

Working...
                                X