No announcement yet.

Today is Drive Your Studebaker Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My car is not insured but I did take it out of the garage and park it out front for all to see ... Wish I could go for a drive in it ..
    1962 GT Hawk 289 Supercharged ..
    Attached Files
    Love my Lark

Comment

IT FIGURES!!..The only day of the year that I HAVEN'T driven my Studebaker turns out to be 'International Drive Your Studebaker Day!!" ....Oh well, there's still plenty of time for a trip to Loews!

(That really was a nice article by Dennis Luukko of the OCEAN BAY CHAPTER, SDC!!)................WARWICK '16!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I took my Lark out for a ride today. Tomorrow, weather permitting, The Long Island Studebaker Club will host our annual Studebaker Reunion Sunday and Orphan Car Show in Massapequa, NY at Marjorie Post Park. We decided that we would have the show rain or shine. Let's hope there's more shine.
        Rog
        '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
        Smithtown,NY
        Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

And I'm a bit frustrated because I still don't have my title or anything yet.

I'll just take the ol' Champ to the end of my 80ft driveway and back and enjoy that insane granny gear that thing has.
          1963 Champ "Stu Bludebaker"- sometimes driver
          1957 Silver Hawk "Josie"- picking up the pieces after an unreliable body man let it rot for 11 years from an almost driver to a basket case
          1951 Land Cruiser "Bunnie Ketcher" only 47M miles!
          1951 Commander Starlight "Dale"- basket case
          1947 Champion "Sally"- basket case
          1941 Commander Land Cruiser "Ursula"- basket case

Comment

Took my 62 GT out in the rain to visit with fellow club memberEd Ellis and see his beautiful 53 Starliner.
            I'd rather be driving my Studebaker!

sigpic

Comment

We had 13 show up for our gathering at McDonalds, 10 Studes, 2 Packards and a 40 Ford who saw us parked with us.
              Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
              50 Champion 2 door*
              53 Commander K Auto*
              53 Commander K overdrive*
              55 President Speedster
              62 GT 4Speed*
              63 Avanti R1*
              64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

We drove 250 miles up and back the east side of Lake Couer 'd Alene to visit my inlaws at a vacation rental. Both blocks of Harrison were lined with collector cars from a cruise in or something but we never saw another Studebaker. 90 degrees and sunny so it was warm but a beautiful drive. Our new Avanti is beginning to feel dependable.

Rob

Comment

Too bad I didn't remind myself and didn't see anything on the forum about it coming up. I would have activated my insurance to drive mine for the weekend.
                  "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                    Too bad I didn't remind myself and didn't see anything on the forum about it coming up. I would have activated my insurance to drive mine for the weekend.
                    Uh, it's on the main Forum page. It has it's own sub-Forum. It's there all year...
                    KURTRUK
                    (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

As Dave said earlier we made it to two shows today under the threat of rain with Dave's 55 Commander and our 62 GT. Only two Studes in sight, as usual! My first IDYSD as a Stude owner.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1080705.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	142.5 KB
ID:	1700252

Comment

Thanks to all who participated. Unfortunately, I was unable to join my North Star Chapter for its cruise but I was able to meet up with nearby chapter member Vern Anderson for a bite to eat at the historic Grant House here in Rush City. Both my 60 Hawk and Vern's nice 64 Daytona survivor drew some friendly attention. I was wearing my IDYSD shirt and our waitress excitedly told us that her husband has a 50 Stude he's working on. I gave her some info to pass along and will stop by there tomorrow with a couple issues of Turning Wheels.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	1700253
                        sigpic
                        Bob Shaw
                        Rush City, Minnesota
                        1960 Hawk - www.northstarstudebakers.com
                        "The farther I go, the behinder I get."

Comment

Originally posted by kurtruk View Post
                          Uh, it's on the main Forum page. It has it's own sub-Forum. It's there all year...
                          Haha! Well, gosh, I probably noticed it a few months ago and then ignored it because September 12 was SO far in the future!
                          "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

today was the first time I took my 63 standard R-1 4 speed out for a run on IDYSD, my friend Phil came by to get a bell housing for is 56 sky hawk, he said he drove his last year but not this year so we got in the 63 and drove it to my straight road by the golf course and ran it through the gears a couple of times about 85 in 3rd and still pulling, now that is sure a nice feeling and the perfect day for the golfers to see a Studebaker getting it on and more than likely saying ( them damn kids driving that fast) but I guess at 74 we are still kids at heart.
                            Last edited by candbstudebakers; 09-13-2015, 08:35 AM.
                            Candbstudebakers
                            Castro Valley,
                            California

Comment

I drove the 62GT over to the pistol range at Fort Knox, and stayed a couple of hours. It is about a 15 mile round trip. Of course I was asked the same type questions and heard the type comments as I have for decades, but hardly even think twice about them anymore. Never thought about it being IDYSD; just another day.

Comment

We went to dinner, taking our Lark, with our son and two granddaughters after helping him with projects. We got a few comments from folks in the parking lot.
                                Perry
                                \'50 Business Champ,
                                \'50 Starlight Champ,
                                \'60 Lark Convertible,
                                \'63 GT R1,
                                \'67 Triumph TR4A

Comment

Working...
                                X