Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• studegary
    replied
    I am sorry. I guess that my information was sorely outdated. I am glad that his collection is now nicely displayed. I am still correct in that it is not open to the general public.

Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    I am sorry. I guess that my information was sorely outdated. I am glad that his collection is now nicely displayed. I am still correct in that it is not open to the general public.

Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Leave a comment:

• 41 Frank
    replied
    Have viewed the collection twice some years ago. Don alo has a large collection of memorabilia along with the cars.

Leave a comment:

• 41 Frank
    replied
    Have viewed the collection twice some years ago. Don alo has a large collection of memorabilia along with the cars.

Leave a comment:

• Green53
    replied
    It is an outstanding collection. Many fine Studebakers plus several other classics and sports cars. I have been fortunate to see it several times. It is only open for special events.
    Denny L

Leave a comment:

• Green53
    replied
    It is an outstanding collection. Many fine Studebakers plus several other classics and sports cars. I have been fortunate to see it several times. It is only open for special events.
    Denny L

Leave a comment:

• snowy_buffalo
    replied
    Gary, You're wrong about the storage of Don's cars. They are in a very nice two level display/museum on the grounds of Don's business in Grandview Mo. He owns Peterson Manufacturing in Grandview which makes wiring harnesses for several different vehicle manufacturers, one of which is Harley Davidson.

As for the cars there are many, many Studebakers as well as a group of twenties to thirties vintage vehicles of many different makes. A 1922 Pierce Arrow, a '27 Rolls Royce, a '31 Lincoln, a '37 Detroit Electric, 2, yes 2, '37 Coupe Expresses, a 48 M5 pickup. He also has several early T-birds and Corvettes as well. Along the racing line, he has several Ferrari's including a Testarossa, as well as a midget racer. All of these cars are flawlessly restored or in the case of some of the Ferraris, excellent originals.

Don does not open the museum to the public for casual viewing. Viewing is only with a group that has made prior arrangement and then a $10 per head fee is charged that is passed on to a local charity. I personally was fortunate enough to view the collection as part of the Upper Mississippi Valley Zone Meet in June of 2005. I've got close to 100 pictures and still didn't capture all of the cars and motorcycles.

Don is a member of the Heart of America chapter of SDC which is primarily on the Missouri side of the Kansas/Missouri state line. The other somewhat local chapter is the Kaw Valley chapter which is based mainly on the Kansas side of the line.

Excellent Museum if you get the rare chance to view it.

Al Freese

'57 3E6-12 Transtar Deluxe
    '64 Daytona HT

Leave a comment:

• snowy_buffalo
    replied
    Gary, You're wrong about the storage of Don's cars. They are in a very nice two level display/museum on the grounds of Don's business in Grandview Mo. He owns Peterson Manufacturing in Grandview which makes wiring harnesses for several different vehicle manufacturers, one of which is Harley Davidson.

As for the cars there are many, many Studebakers as well as a group of twenties to thirties vintage vehicles of many different makes. A 1922 Pierce Arrow, a '27 Rolls Royce, a '31 Lincoln, a '37 Detroit Electric, 2, yes 2, '37 Coupe Expresses, a 48 M5 pickup. He also has several early T-birds and Corvettes as well. Along the racing line, he has several Ferrari's including a Testarossa, as well as a midget racer. All of these cars are flawlessly restored or in the case of some of the Ferraris, excellent originals.

Don does not open the museum to the public for casual viewing. Viewing is only with a group that has made prior arrangement and then a $10 per head fee is charged that is passed on to a local charity. I personally was fortunate enough to view the collection as part of the Upper Mississippi Valley Zone Meet in June of 2005. I've got close to 100 pictures and still didn't capture all of the cars and motorcycles.

Don is a member of the Heart of America chapter of SDC which is primarily on the Missouri side of the Kansas/Missouri state line. The other somewhat local chapter is the Kaw Valley chapter which is based mainly on the Kansas side of the line.

Excellent Museum if you get the rare chance to view it.

Al Freese

'57 3E6-12 Transtar Deluxe
    '64 Daytona HT

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    Don A. has a lot of nice, restored Studebakers. He employs a full time Studebaker restorer. He has many First Place cars. To my knowledge, his collection is a private collection and is not a museum or open to the public. Most every year, he has at least one Studebaker at the SDC International Convention. He is like many SDC members, except that he has more cars than most. I would guess that his vehicles are in storage and not in a display setting.

Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    Don A. has a lot of nice, restored Studebakers. He employs a full time Studebaker restorer. He has many First Place cars. To my knowledge, his collection is a private collection and is not a museum or open to the public. Most every year, he has at least one Studebaker at the SDC International Convention. He is like many SDC members, except that he has more cars than most. I would guess that his vehicles are in storage and not in a display setting.

Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Leave a comment:

• Scott
    replied
    Armacosts are well known in the club. I believe Don used to own an early thirties roadster that was quite a beauty.

Leave a comment:

• Scott
    replied
    Armacosts are well known in the club. I believe Don used to own an early thirties roadster that was quite a beauty.

Leave a comment:

• mdelapp
    started a topic Studebaker Collection

Studebaker Collection

My brother near Grandview, Missouri has told me of a private car collection in Grandview that consists of approximately 50 or more Studebakers. The owners name is Don Armacost (Not sure of the spelling) who was once a Studebaker dealer in the area.
    Does anyone know of the colllection and the quality of the collection. I was hoping to visit it on my trip to KC but appearently they are not receptive to visitors. They have indicatd that a group is going to look at it in January.
    Any informaton would be interesting and helpful. I contacted the SDC club in the area but never got a response. Sort of hoped if he were a club member I might be able to get in to see it next week.
    Thanks

Working...
X