1932 studebaker six convertible sedan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1932 studebaker six convertible sedan

I have been eyeing the Marty Montour convertible sedan and am wondering what's happening. It supposedly sold on ebay last December for $32,750, was in the Studebaker museum. I just stumbled across it again in an ad in Santa Rosa Ca for $14,600. That's pretty hefty devaluation. If I wait 9 more months, will it be marked half off again?! Seriously, the convertible sedans of the depression are one of my latest interests, I'm just trying to learn what I can about the handful that survive. Anybody know what's happening with this gem?

http://www.getusedcar.net/detail/us/...vertible-Sedan

Comment

14k is a steal !!!!!

Comment

I find that price suspiciously low. If it's not an error or a deceptive price I'd be very surprised.
        "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Be very careful, it does sound suspicious. I had a '32 Studebaker 55 Regal sedan, that car would look sharp with the Regal wheels! Car is in Norway now, I think the guy bought it just for the wheels!! Kinda wish I still had that car!! I have purchased parts from Monty, I think I bought the last of his reproduction rubber pieces, I don't think those molds were ever passed on to anybody.....
          Attached Files

Comment

That is a scam.
            Richard Quinn
            Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Latest photo of 32 in storage. These scams are everywhere. Beware.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by studerex View Post
                Latest photo of 32 in storage. These scams are everywhere. Beware.
                So the $5000.00 wire transfer for the deposit I did to the Bank of Nigeria is gone?
                Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

Monty drove that car all over the country. I always looked forward to seeing him and Dorthy and later Billie. Super friendly and always helpful. Quite a craftsman. He is missed.

Comment

Working...
                  X