Nice M-series Big Truck / Hemmings Daily Blog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice M-series Big Truck / Hemmings Daily Blog

Now this owner should get some sort of award!

http://www.hemmings.com/hcc/stories/...efer=hccweekly

BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

What an adventure! But as we say here in the South, "Bless his heart!"
    Mike Davis
    Regional Manager, North Carolina
    1964 Champ 8E7-122 "Stuey"

Comment

Here's one for sale right now in Washington state in a similar starting point, east of Seattle along I-90 on the east side of the Cascades.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/cto/5202154827.html
      Last edited by Mark L; 09-02-2015, 06:29 PM.
      Mark L

Comment

Originally posted by StudeNewby View Post
        What an adventure! But as we say here in the South, "Bless his heart!"
        You mean he was stupid? Watching the History Channel's program on southern and hillbilly culture this morning and it specifically mentioned the phrase "Bless his heart!" was code for he is stupid. Just what was on the program, funny I came across the phrase 7 hrs later on SDC forum. No offense intended.

Comment

My experience with the phrase has been usually after I heard someone (like myself) whining about what a hard day they've had. Kind of like, "you poor baby".
          Mark L

Comment

Scott is a regular on Studebaker Truck Talk and a proud Studebaker Truck Farmer. I have had the pleasure of meeting him several times. As I recall, Vern Ediger did the maintenance work prior to the start of his trip.

My memory is that he chronicled his trip in a Turning Wheels article a number of years ago.
            Last edited by Guido; 09-03-2015, 12:02 PM.
            Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

Here's a picture of Scott and Toto in Kingman for the 2010 Route 66 Fun Run. Very nice truck.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4443.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	135.6 KB
ID:	1700131
              Rick
              Kingman, AZ

Comment

Originally posted by Mark L View Post
                My experience with the phrase has been usually after I heard someone (like myself) whining about what a hard day they've had. Kind of like, "you poor baby".
                I use it in that sense, Mark. Believe me, I have a world of respect for the guy for what he did...if I could, I would attempt the same thing.
                Last edited by StudeNewby; 09-03-2015, 01:39 PM. Reason: typo
                Mike Davis
                Regional Manager, North Carolina
                1964 Champ 8E7-122 "Stuey"

Comment

Wow, what a beautiful restoration!!! However, I would probably find it difficult to drive such a distance in that truck. I'm sure it doesn't ride like a Studebaker sedan. That said, you really have to hand it to the guy for making such a trip.
                  Good job.
                  Rog
                  '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                  Smithtown,NY
                  Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Working...
                  X