63 lark dash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 63 lark dash

Looking for excellent used or NOS 63 lark dash pad for The Whistler project. Any Color will do. Please PM with what you may have thanks John

I thought they would have been in the reproduction pipeline by now. I did speak to John McCall a while ago about making the RHC versions and this seemed like a real possibility, our only problem was making sure there was enough demand. I would expect LHC demand to be ten times greater!

Chris.

Comment

Lark type dashes through 1966 will fit but there are a few minor cosmetic differences. Only '63 has the "Vanity" glovebox. I put a '66 dash in my '63 Cruiser.
      "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

If nothing else, studebaker-intl has hard plastic replacement dashes for 1963 Larks.
        sigpic
        In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Originally posted by Milaca View Post
          If nothing else, studebaker-intl has hard plastic replacement dashes for 1963 Larks.
          The plastic caps are no longer available.

Chris.

Comment

It's fine to search for a good 63 dash, but it will be tough finding one. Try an ad in TW and contact some of the old time Stude vendors who may have one in inventory. If you find one, it won't be inexpensive.

One can be recovered as was done for my 63 Wagonaire. Also not inexpensive...

Like Rockne, I put a 65-66 dash in my 63 Daytona. They seem to have held up better than the earlier padded dash and they are a little easier to find. They are a bolt in...

Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

Comment

A local friend had his '63 dash redone by Just Dashes in California. It came back perfect, but the cost was a little more than $2K.

Comment

Well thank for the great ideas. Studebaker International caps are ok to but thay haven't been remade for 15 years or more. And just dash.s is nice to but kinda takes the fun out of it when you spend that kinda money on one part. May just recover one or us a 64 cap have plenty of nos ones on hand. I was just fishing for a good used one or nos 63 dash thanks John

Comment

PM sent
                  Rob

Comment

This looks like a 64 dash to me but maybe the glove box door could be modified to fit. Found this while checking on Ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Studebaker-1...30aa76&vxp=mtr

Good Luck John!

Bob Miles
                    Tucson AZ

Comment

Working...
                    X