Sept. Turning wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sept. Turning wheels

Got my September turning wheels today! It's not even September yet!!!

That makes me ask who else has theirs this early?

Also on the cover is that Bob Palma opening the gate to the proving grounds?

Don't guess I've ever seen him without a beard.

Dean.

It can't be Bob P. he doesn't have buck brush growing on his chin.

Comment

I normally get mine during the last week of the month.Delivered on Thursday 8/27.

Comment

How about that "sweetest looking ever" ALL ORIGINAL '61 Lark convertible from Dennis, Massachusetts (pg 37).........WHAT A DOLL!!!!!!!

Comment

I got mine last week....wed or thur.
          Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Originally posted by dean pearson View Post
            Got my September turning wheels today! It's not even September yet!!!

That makes me ask who else has theirs this early?

Also on the cover is that Bob Palma opening the gate to the proving grounds?

Don't guess I've ever seen him without a beard.

Dean.
            It wouldn't have been me smiling for long, Dean: I would have stopped Ed and inspected the car for a battery hold-down before permitting him and the car on the grounds. Safety and engineering integrity first, you know.

Having looked carefully at the engine room photo on Page 33 of the September Turning Wheels, I see there is no battery hold-down!

I would have had to turn Ed away from the Proving Ground; they don't call 'em Proving Ground GUARDS for nothing, you know! BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
            "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I just have to say that no matter when it arrives it's a pretty deluxe " newsletter" for a car enthusiast's club. Or any club for that matter. Kudos to those who put it together.

Comment

Wow!!!! It's August 31st and my Turning Wheels arrived in Canada today. It certainly looks like our year-long efforts to try and get each issue in the hands of our members prior to the date of issue is working. I couldn't be more pleased.

Stu Chapman

Comment

Originally posted by Stu Chapman View Post
                  Wow!!!! It's August 31st and my Turning Wheels arrived in Canada today.
                  You got my hopes up, Stu!!

Maybe I'll see mine this week!

Craig

Comment

Funny stuff,
                    We have to appreciate these excellent publications!
                    Oh and Mr.Palma too. Thanks for all you do, Including keeping us safe.

Dean.

PS.
                    Pun intended on the security guard/hold down thing.

Comment

Got mine in the Los Angeles area today. Keep on keeping us honest Bob P.! (both of my Studebakers have correct battery hold downs).
                      Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
                      '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
                      '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
                      '62 GT Hawk (4 speed, A/C, Power steering - running and DRIVING!)

Comment

1st Class Recipients

Wow!!!! It's August 31st and my Turning Wheels arrived in Canada today. It certainly looks like our year-long efforts to try and get each issue in the hands of our members prior to the date of issue is working. I couldn't be more pleased.

Stu Chapman
                        Although we've seen significant improvement in our delivery situation, largely due to internal deadline adjustments, there may still be a USPS problem.

The possibility exists that SDC members who pay for 1st Class Delivery may NOT have received their September issues yet. This request is for those members only. Please post if you have, or have not, received your September issue. If received, let us know the date received. Thanks.

Gary Lindstrom?? Skip Lackie??

Stu Chapman
                        Last edited by Stu Chapman; 09-01-2015, 06:27 AM.

Comment

Ironically, Stu; one of our local Indy Chapter Members gets his Turning Wheels First Class; Dave Elmore of Avon IN.

Dave called last evening to ask me about getting a replacement copy since it was August 31 and he had still not received his First-Class September copy, even though those of us getting it regular third class in central Indiana already have ours.

So there is one report for you. BP
                          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                          "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I just joined SDC for the first time while in St Louis 2 weeks ago. Looking forward to the September issue.
                            When I joined I found out the gal and her husband that signed me up live not to far from me.

Comment

As of today I have not received my first class mailing of TW at 68112. Neither have quite a few others that get it first class.
                              Although we've seen significant improvement in our delivery situation, largely due to internal deadline adjustments, there may still be a USPS problem.

The possibility exists that SDC members who pay for 1st Class Delivery may NOT have received their September issues yet. This request is for those members only. Please post if you have, or have not, received your September issue. If received, let us know the date received. Thanks.

Gary Lindstrom?? Skip Lackie??

Stu Chapman
                              Frank van Doorn
                              Omaha, Ne.
                              1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
                              1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
                              1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Working...
                              X