• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOW: 1950 Champion Custom @ Fall Auburn

This defines one-of-a-kind:

http://www.auctionsamerica.com/event..._campaign=AF15

BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Sure not my cup of tea. Why mess up a good original car? It would have been better to take a bland car and make it look better.

Comment

To each his own I can't say that I don't like it, crazy to try and imagine the man hours in it.

Hard really to tell there's a Studebaker under there but I'd drive it!

Dean.

Comment

I tried to like it, but.... WOW!
        The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

I like the carriage and interior; if only they hadn't screwed up that iconic body shell!
          "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

Someone put a ton of work into it with ( to me ) disappointing results. Admittedly, I could not approach this level of craftsmanship so I should probably just shut up.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
              I love the 3 quotations; Rand, Sproul & Chesterton... you sound like a wise man.
              bob hapner

Comment

If I won a "HUGE" lottery, I would buy it, rename it "Nightmare", and then put it out of it's misery.
                South Lompoc Studebaker

Comment

Originally posted by bhapner View Post
                  I love the 3 quotations; Rand, Sproul & Chesterton... you sound like a wise man. bob hapner
                  Thanks, Bob. BP
                  We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                  "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Not my cup of tea.
                    Rog
                    '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                    Smithtown,NY
                    Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

He should have picked on a Chevy or Ford or Chrysler. Instead, he alters one of the most iconic front ends in automotive history!

Comment

He certainly captured the look of the futile attempts that were made in the past to improve the car. No doubt it will get plenty of attention.
                        "In the heart of Arkansas."
                        Searcy, Arkansas
                        1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                        1952 2R pickup

Comment

I like the breather! Ad says dual exhaust. Looks like Quads to me.
                          Neil Thornton

Comment

Working...
                          X