A sad day update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A sad day update

Work is continDSCI0826.jpguin on my 61 Lark. I should have it by Drive Your Studebaker Day.
    David G. Nittler

Will be nice too see the finished product "more pics of course"
    Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Sure glad you saved it because what this world needs is more Studebakers.

Comment

Beautiful work!.....You're nearing the finish line now!

Comment

Wait 'til those beautiful '61 taillights are back in place! Coming along nicely!

Comment

I bought one of these 61's to restore. Arizona car without rust. Six banger. I liked the roof line but wondered about the re-located stainless trim along the sculptured crease line. I know it was designed to give the 61 a different look but it still bothers me to this day. Just a personal thing. I still have the car but then I found a 59 Hardtop, also Arizona straight and no rust. It needed an engine and I installed a 259 from a 60 four door Regal I had that had been rear ended somewhere in Tucson in the 80's. I've decided to keep the 59' and part out the other two eventually. I'm glad to see someone has had a go with their 61 four door. Best of luck with her!

Comment

Looking very good David! Did they "PULL" that rear quarter straight or replace it?
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Glad to see and read your Studebaker was repaired. Like the man said " they ain't making them anymore".
                Just have to worry about the next so called "driver" who just has to text a message rather than paying attention to driving!
                Scares the crap outa me I must say!
                sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
                Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
                "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Looks much better. Hope the finished product satisfies you.

Comment

I was not sure this message went through and I do not know why the picture over lapped the text?????? The fender was pulled not replaced; sort of amazing. I am hoping the mechanical stuff is not messed up somewhere.....
                    David G. Nittler

Comment

DSCI0830.jpgDSCI0829.jpg
                      David G. Nittler

Comment

Originally posted by drnittler View Post
                        ... and I do not know why the picture over lapped the text?????? ...
                        Perhaps, you have a "jumping cursor" like I have on my cheap used computer. Since I touch type, I immediately see when my cursor jumps to some unintended location. My wife has to hunt and peck when typing and is usually not looking at the monitor when the cursor jumps. Sometimes, she has typed an entire sentence in the wrong location. Very frustrating for her. Also, many of us, when using a laptop, allow our thumbs to accidentally touch the touch pad and that will move the cursor so that your typed letters start showing up in unintended locations.

How fortunate we are...living in this era...to have such complaints. Whereas, the founders of our nation, wore powdered wigs,
                        ...to keep their head lice smothered!

By the way...happy to know you are well on the way to being made whole after the accident. It would be interesting to know the outcome of the two insurance companies regarding who finally ends up funding your restoration. Can't wait to see the finished product.
                        John Clary
                        Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

J C Taylor paid me and they are going after her company. The other company is stuck with the medical and it can stay open for two years. I am not going to settle that for now until I am sure I did not get messed up. So far I am fine.
                          David G. Nittler

Comment

Working...
                          X