Louisville Street Rod Nationals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Louisville Street Rod Nationals

managed to sneak down to the Nationals for a few hours (whew it was hot!) lots and lots of things Brand X, only saw a handful of Studes---here they areIMG_20150808_164003.jpgIMG_20150808_163620 (1).jpgIMG_20150808_163754.jpgIMG_20150808_151525662_HDR.jpgIMG_20150808_163716.jpgIMG_20150808_154407301.jpg
    sigpic

Nice pics, thanks for posting.

I have not been involved with street rods in a number of years, so forgive my ignorance on this. But, when did they start allowing cars newer than 1948 at the Street Rod Nationals?
    Paul
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

probably when the muscle car surge came in to place, it was raised to 1962 quite a few years ago and then it was "game on," after that, I'm sure profitability driven.
      sigpic

Comment

I only live about 40 miles from there (Lou. fairgrounds), usually go every year, but did not make it this time. More kool cars than a person can see in a week, even if you rented a golf cart to cover more territory in.

Comment

Why did you have to "...sneak down..."? Isn't it open to the public, probably for a fee (or do you have to be a NSRA member)?
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I've been a member of NSRA since 80's, although I didn't go this year. They raised the date to 1984 a few years ago. The nationals are open to the public.

Comment

Just another car show if you ask me, I quit the NSRA when they opened it to 84 , Love all, but don't drive to a Street Rod Nationals to park by a Granada! Thanks for sharing pictures, Some nice looking Studebakers!
              Randy Wilkin
              1946 M5 Streetrod
              Hillsboro,Ohio 45133

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                Why did you have to "...sneak down..."? Isn't it open to the public, probably for a fee (or do you have to be a NSRA member)?
                I suspect his comment had to do with getting out of the house rather than getting in the show.
                Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

Actually I was working on a Construction site, my Project Engineer had the reins for "small burst," We have been working 7 days a week, 14 hours a day to complete this project in a 6 month time frame--- I'm definitely getting too old for this, 1 more year until retirement!
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X