Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Brayton
    replied
    I'm glad soooo many are going. We'll truly miss this events but, for now, not in the cards. My sister, Dee Dickerson, lives down the road in Webster Groves.....she and her husband, Mel, will take some pics for me. Have FUN!!

Leave a comment:

• Deaf Mute
    replied
    We are HERE!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9017.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	112.5 KB
ID:	1699876Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9022.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	114.4 KB
ID:	1699877

Leave a comment:

• Champ51
    replied
    We are heading out tomorrow to decrease our chance of hitting rain. If any of you are travelling between Springfield MO and St. Louis tomorrow, honk as you blow buy us. We'll be the slow ones in the right lane.

After reviewing all the gas books from '51 to present, this will be the car's longest drive since it went from San Diego to Minneapolis in Feb 1959. It just did local commuting for its next 14 years.

Leave a comment:

• DEEPNHOCK
    replied
    That's great!
    Glad it isn't an issue...

Leave a comment:

• Stu Chapman
    replied
    Originally posted by 2R5 View Post
    The Barricks will be there , Monday to saturday
    Bob, check your PM please.

Stu Chapman

Leave a comment:

• TWChamp
    replied
    Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
    Means nothing when people are rioting eight miles from the host hotel.
    My question was about security, and travel advisories.
    One of the interstates leading there is shut down by 'protesters' this very minute.
    One would hope some routing advisories would be forthcoming.
    Your Savannah comment is irrelevant, but probably true.
    I could care less about the demographics. Just the IM prep and participant safety.
    This place is like a walk in the park. Don't let the news media mess up your life. Their job is to create news, not report news. I never turned on my radio for the entire drive down from Minneapolis, and that helped to make it a more pleasant drive. Sure wasn't much to see driving through Iowa, unless you like to look at corn. LOL

Leave a comment:

• TWChamp
    replied
    I just arrived a few hours ago, and this is my first time in St. Louis. Everything looks good and the drive in was easy. Looking forward to seeing lot of nice Studes and finding some parts at the swap meet.

Leave a comment:

• ndynis
    replied
    Originally posted by 52-fan View Post
    Joe and I could handle that.
    Save one for me!!
    Nick

Leave a comment:

• Corvanti
    replied
    all of this reminds me of the time Dad and I went to Dodger Stadium in 1965 when the Watts Riots had started. the message board stated that the Harbor Freeway was closed. no big deal - just take a alternate route unless one lived there.

usually we took I-10 home, but that night we took the Pasadena Freeway and on to Route 66 to go home. i feigned hunger since i had a Dodger Dog during batting practice hours earlier. we stopped at the Bob's Big Boy in Pasadena where i devoured a "Big Boy" burger and a Chocolate Shake.

a bad time, but a great memory!

going to St. Louis, (wish i could be there!), just look at the map - online or paper - and reroute around the Ferguson area, if you feel it's needed...

Leave a comment:

• DEEPNHOCK
    replied
    Again...
    What is happening in Savannah and Brooklet is irrelevant.
    Read my question again.
    All that was asked was what, if anything, was being done to help the SDC folks heading to the host hotel..as far as travel and safety concerns go.
    I did not ask for a geography and neighborhood demographic.
    Telling people everything is all right is all well and good.
    Telling people the best route in and out is better.
    Maybe just a paper handout presented at check in?
    I don't know, so I asked.
    The replies are fine. I want everyone to have a good time.

Originally posted by lschuc View Post
    Jeff, what you are talking about on I-70 took place during rush hour on Monday -- not yesterday. It was over in less than a half hour and most of those were arrested and were from out of town. Everything if fine this week and no further problems resulted Tuesday or today. What you are hearing on the national news makes it sound like the entire area is under lockdown. In reality, there was NO rioting last weekend. A few shops in a 1 or 2 block area were broken into and a number of criminals were arrested.
    In reality, if you drove through most of the residential and business area of Ferguson, you would find everything is good. Those 2 or 3 blocks you see on the news are probably closer to 15 miles and another world away from our meet hotel, which is in one of the best and safest areas of the metro region.
    Probably even better than Brooklet, Georgia!

Leave a comment:

• lschuc
    replied
    One of the interstates leading there is shut down by 'protesters' this very minute.
    I could care less about the demographics. Just the IM prep and participant safety.
    Jeff, what you are talking about on I-70 took place during rush hour on Monday -- not yesterday. It was over in less than a half hour and most of those were arrested and were from out of town. Everything if fine this week and no further problems resulted Tuesday or today. What you are hearing on the national news makes it sound like the entire area is under lockdown. In reality, there was NO rioting last weekend. A few shops in a 1 or 2 block area were broken into and a number of criminals were arrested.
    In reality, if you drove through most of the residential and business area of Ferguson, you would find everything is good. Those 2 or 3 blocks you see on the news are probably closer to 15 miles and another world away from our meet hotel, which is in one of the best and safest areas of the metro region.
    Probably even better than Brooklet, Georgia!

Leave a comment:

• bezhawk
    replied
    I probably have the best insight as to the safety of the meet venue. I live literally down the street from the meet complex. Maybe 1/2 mile away.
    Come and enjoy the meet, and don't let the naysayers that don't live here talk you out of it.
    Last edited by bezhawk; 08-11-2015, 07:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• RAREBMX
    replied
    About the "riots". VERY much in one small concentrated area & not very big. More of a news story than anything else. The law enforcement wouldn't allow this to be much larger than a couple of blocks & not anything to give 2nd thoughts about in terns of coming to our city.

Leave a comment:

• RAREBMX
    replied
    Nice & close. I'm a new member & owner of a M5 project. I'm hunting some parts!

Leave a comment:

• Hawklover
    replied
    Plus one and then some.......eight miles is too close to say "it will be ok".......

Leave a comment:

Working...
X